Will Steve Clevenger return to the O's?

wildcard

I think the O's will avoid the potential controversy over his past remarks. He's not good enough for the O's to want to take heat for that.

After thinking about it more I think you are right. I think his O's teammates would be fine with him if he apologized. I think most the O's fans would go along with that. But in view of what the Baltimore community has been through the O's may not be the right place for Clevenger.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After thinking about it more I think you are right. I think his O's teammates would be fine with him if he apologized. I think most the O's fans would go along with that. But in view of what the Baltimore community has been through the O's may not be the right place for Clevenger.

I don't think Clevenger is a good enough of a player to be worth the effort it would take to rehabilitate his image.

Clubhouse cancer???? I'm not condoning what he posted, but isn't that a little too far?

I'm thinking there is quite a bit more opportunity for friction considering what he's publicly said since the last time he was on the team. May not be the happiest, friendliest atmosphere.

Clevenger was right about that Buck should've been batting him higher in the lineup a few years ago after a hot ST.

Alomar spit on an ump and even worse, brought up the umps dead son. That's low.

Delmon said Hispanic, Jewish, Gay slurs.

People get second chances. Clevenger's tweet hurt him. But would killed his chances of ever coming back was second guessing Buck.

Clevenger was right about that Buck should've been batting him higher in the lineup a few years ago after a hot ST.

Alomar spit on an ump and even worse, brought up the umps dead son. That's low.

Delmon said Hispanic, Jewish, Gay slurs.

People get second chances. Clevenger's tweet hurt him. But would killed his chances of ever coming back was second guessing Buck.

The Ump was not without fault. I forget did he get suspended as well?

I fail to see how racist rantings are hilarious, but do tell. The guy was a whiner when he was here, his agent is a straight up idiot who can't spell words with a keyboard, and he's a bad baseball player who wrote racist comments and will rightfully never see a major league roster for the remainder of his broken career.

:awesome:

First off, I disagree with your characterization of "racist rantings". Racism has become a go to in this country for almost everything especially when someone feels slighted in any way. Clevenger doesn't strike me as an entirely intelligent person so I categorize his statements as dumb. However, human garbage? That seems a bit much.

That said, I have no interest in his return because as you said, had baseball player.

I fail to see how racist rantings are hilarious, but do tell. The guy was a whiner when he was here, his agent is a straight up idiot who can't spell words with a keyboard, and he's a bad baseball player who wrote racist comments and will rightfully never see a major league roster for the remainder of his broken career.

:awesome:

You didn't have an issue with the O's bringing aboard K-Rod who physically assaulted his father in law.

Seems like an odd sliding scale.

Not that I like either but I prefer the ones that talk instead of the ones that use their fists.

Actual quote from the K-Rod thread.

I think he'll be a fine teammate.

Archived