Will Steve Clevenger return to the O's?

wildcard

You didn't have an issue with the O's bringing aboard K-Rod who physically assaulted his father in law.

Seems like an odd sliding scale.

Not that I like either but I prefer the ones that talk instead of the ones that use their fists.

Actual quote from the K-Rod thread.

Well, I don't like racist talk, but the definition of that has become muddled lately. A white male comments indiscreetly and uses the words "blacks" or "black people" and the tendency is to label them racists. "I hate Black people" or "I won't hire someone who is black" are racist statements.

Disagreeable language is not always racist.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I don't like racist talk, but the definition of that has become muddled lately. A white male comments indiscreetly and uses the words "blacks" or "black people" and the tendency is to label them racists. "I hate Black people" or "I won't hire someone who is black" are racist statements.

I don't recall exactly what he said and don't care to look it up.

It is just difficult for me to wrap my head around someone being so upset about words when actions don't seem to bother them.

I don't recall exactly what he said and don't care to look it up.

It is just difficult for me to wrap my head around someone being so upset about words when actions don't seem to bother them.

Yep, totally get that. The guy who beats up his gf is redeemable, the guy who actually makes bigoted comments towards Jews is alright, but the guy who makes insensitive comments is garbage.

For the record Blacks born in America prefer to be called blacks. They tend to regard people immigrating from Africa as African Americans.

We live in a world where verbalized annoyance is now "hate". IQ's suffer in that kind of environment.

know him personally. I've never seen him say this. It's not going to change anything about me or how I feel, Jones said. I don't think we ever were friends. We were teammates, acquaintances. That's what 99 percent of people you come across (are.) I played with a lot of people. To say I'm friends with most people I played with, that's not true.

And according to Hunter and Bordy,the Orioles players toast marshmallows,hold hands around the campfire and sing Kumbaya.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2016/09/24/steve-clevenger-adam-jones-buck-showlater-tweets/91049574/

And honestly, using my past comments to compare to what I'm saying here seems like a weird, roundabout defense of Clevenger's comments. Why does it matter what I said about K-Rod? The point is, Clevenger said some horrible things, and no, OP, he will not be returning to the O's.

I'm certainly not defending Clevenger.

I do think calling someone you never met "garbage" is excessive.

I was just observing how certain things bother folks more than other things.

Well then I sort of stand by my comment at the time. Sounds like an angry idiot, but not a wife-beater. NOW he sure sounds like a wife beating piece of garbage, and I would not have made that comment with that knowledge.

I'm not as concerned about the sex of the victim.

But to each their own.

Fair comment. I'm not sure I would make that same comment today, and I regret that I did.

But I maintain that Clevenger is a hateful ****head who slandered an entire people by calling them "animals".

This is blatantly false. This is his tweets/quotes....

"Black people beating whites when a thug got shot holding a gun by a black officer haha s--t cracks me up! Keep kneeling for the anthem!" Clevenger tweeted on Thursday

"BLM is pathetic once again! Obama is pathetic once again! Everyone involved should be locked behind bars like animals,? another tweet from his account read.

Where does it say there "all blacks are animals"?

I agree his comments are provocative, but that's all. He clearly indicates the people involved with the unlawful beating of white people, racially motivated.

This is blatantly false. This is his tweets/quotes....

"Black people beating whites when a thug got shot holding a gun by a black officer haha s--t cracks me up! Keep kneeling for the anthem!" Clevenger tweeted on Thursday

"BLM is pathetic once again! Obama is pathetic once again! Everyone involved should be locked behind bars like animals,? another tweet from his account read.

Where does it say there "all blacks are animals"?

I agree his comments are provocative, but that's all. He clearly indicates the people involved with the unlawful beating of white people, racially motivated.

He has a right to his opinion like anyone else.

Archived