They All Break

weams

12 minutes ago, TheThinkingOriole said:

Every time I see IL, I think International League. I don't get this political correctness. If you can't work, you're disabled. Some disabilities are temporary, others permanent. And you can't blame young "snowflakes" for it. Most of MLB's fanbases are old foagies.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Funny how some folks can get triggered over a simple, ultimately unimportant, name change.

Yeah, I think it’s kind of silly, but don’t really care.   Injured list is fine.   

o

I got excited when I saw that my 2nd favorite team (the White Sox) have gone a respectable 15-12 over their last 27 games ........ and then I read this.

Carlos Rodon Needs Tommy John Surgery, and Likely Will Be Out Until the 2nd Half of the 2020 Season

(By LaMond Pope)

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/white-sox/ct-spt-white-sox-carlos-rodon-nate-jones-surgery-20190513-story.html

o

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2019 at 12:36 PM, SteveA said:

Is that just speculation because that's how these injuries often go?  Because I haven't seen anything beyond the 4-6 week projection, nor have I seem the always ominous news that he is paying a visit to Dr Andrews.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

On 5/12/2019 at 5:02 PM, TheThinkingOriole said:

Every time I see IL, I think International League. I don't get this political correctness. If you can't work, you're disabled. Some disabilities are temporary, others permanent. And you can't blame young "snowflakes" for it. Most of MLB's fanbases are old foagies.

This might be the weirdest post I have seen in here.

• 2 weeks later...

Honeywell is the Rays Hunter Harvey both tons of talent can’t stay on mound.

Harvey,Honeywell and Cards Reyes all three were on the brink of stardom but all them missed two plus years and now their light is just a flicker of hope.

Just now, bpilktree said:

Harvey,Honeywell and Cards Reyes all three were on the brink of stardom but all them missed two plus years and now their light is just a flicker of hope.

And he threw a screwball.

Brett Gardner needed stitches after helmet-throwing tantrum

Had Brett Gardner heeded the advice he gave to a teammate, he wouldn’t have needed six stitches to close a cut on his lower lip caused when the fiery outfielder tossed a helmetin the Yankees’ dugout Saturday.

“I just got done telling DJ [LeMahieu] last week that he shouldn’t throw his helmet in the dugout,’’ said Gardner, who fired his helmet into the Progressive Field dugout wall after hitting a ball to the right-field wall and getting robbed of a hit by in the sixth inning by Jordan Luplow in an 8-4 loss to the Indians. The helmet bounced back and cut his lip.

“Obviously, frustrated, just frustration building up,” he said. “They took the lead in the bottom of the fifth, and then to hit a ball like that and it is an out, just frustrated.’’

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, bpilktree said:

Adam Loewen. He'll never pitch for a MLB team now. 

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2019 at 11:14 PM, bpilktree said:

Honeywell (24 AAA starts at 3.64 ERA) and Reyes (2.21 ERA in 17 major league games) were a lot closer to that brink than Harvey was.   

On 6/8/2019 at 11:32 PM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

o

Brett Gardner Needed Stitches after Helmet-Throwing Tantrum

(By George A. King III)

Brett Gardner needed stitches after helmet-throwing tantrum

giphy.gif

o

Pat Zachry broke his foot when kicked the dugout steps in frustration after he ceded a hit to Pete Rose in 1978 ........ Rose had gone 0-for-3 in his first 3 plate appearances against Zachary before getting a single to extend his hitting streak to 37 games, tying Tommy Holmes' modern (1901 - Present) National League record.

Brian Roberts curtailed what may have been a borderline Hall-of-Fame career by hitting himself in the head with a bat in 2010.

Gardner got off easy.

o