Rank the Top 4 Prospects...

Do you think Pedro's performance right now is really going to affect him much? He has always been a top tier guy and I kind of doubt his fade matters much. The tournament is more for fringe guys to showcase and catapult or burn and drop.

Not much, no. Alvarez's abilities have been showcased on big stages over the past couple of years... he is a real offensive talent.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BA's late word that Beckham was playing very well at the end of his season, whereas Pedro has not been played well at all.

Beckham's projection is a slight concern for me. Originally listed at 6' 2- 190, he now appears to be 6' 0 - 185, and while not a tremendous difference, it had me drawing some conclusions about the things I've read. Being hailed as a potential 5-tool talent is exciting, as it gives the reader something to envision... very good speed, very good defense, very good arm, very good bat, very good power... err, maybe not so much. Time will tell, but I don't see 20+ HR's from TBeck as a pro.

Tim Beckham is a tremendous prospect and I would be elated if he fell to us at pick #4, but his pre-season projections as a pro may have been slightly off power wise. That doesn't take away from his other exceptional skills, but simply tempers my original optimism regarding his overall skill-set.

Interesting...from reading this post it seems like you could be making just as strong a point to slot Beckham below Alvarez. Tough choice!

Considering there doesn't seem to be any concern over Alvarez's injury and Beckham doesn't quite have the frame we once thought, I think I'd still go with Alvarez first overall. I believe I've been sold on Hosmer though, he's now my #4.

Archived