Rank the Top 4 Prospects...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...in the order in which you would want them for the Orioles.

1> Eric Hosmer

2> Pedro Alvarez

3> Tim Beckham

4> Justin Smoak

1> Pedro Alvarez

2> Tim Beckham

3> Justin Smoak

4> Buster Posey

(Sorry Greg, I've got Hosmer at 5!)

1> Pedro Alvarez

2> Tim Beckham

3> Justin Smoak

4> Buster Posey

(Sorry Greg, I've got Hosmer at 5!)

:cussing: LOL :D

I totally understand why people will have likely 50 different variations of the top four. It's hard to know how it will play out... but I truly believe we're a more informed group than ever before. :)

1> Pedro Alvarez - Best overall Hitter

2> Justin Smoak - Safer pick than Hosmer, although might be a bit less talented

3> Eric Hosmer - High risk, high reward

4>Tim Beckham - 4 tools now, according to Greg.

Mine was going to be identical, but I'd rather take the gamble on the older kid with a problem with his swing than the kid that shrunk 2 inches this week.

Many will disagree with me, but I just have a feeling on some guys, and my top 5 prospects and top 5 for the O's I want to have is different.

1. Smoak-I think he will be the best power hitter out of this draft. Maybe out of many drafts. Plus we need him for DH or First whether we get Tex or not. You can't have too many guys like this in your farm system. Plus, he won't be there for long, and we don't have anyone like him. We have a bunch of DH/1st guys, but all of them aren't like this. Meaning we need to get rid of them. A millar/huff DH/1 combo to Tex/Smoak DH/1 combo is a pretty good deal :). Plus (again), his name is freakin Smoak, How can you not take a power hitter with the last name of smoak, come on!

2. Alvarez-Obviously best overall hitter by scouts take

3. Gordon Beckham-Tim won't be there, and he is in high school. For the O's we need a SS, but we can't wait 4 years for Tim. If we still need a Shortstop then we are done. I think Gordon is a monster and he is in player of the year contention. I haven't heard much on his defense, is it good. I have seen him make some great plays, but I haven't heard much scouting on it.

4. Matusz-His strikeout to walk rate is ridiculous. I think he will be a number 2-3 starter, quickly. Probably Ace for the O's :D.

Hosmer-I do like him, but not as much as these guys

T. Beckham-I guess if he is there we would take him, it can't hurt :D

Archived