Dylan Bundy 2017

Frobby

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

Bundy set a new career-high for Strikeouts tonight (10.)

21 OUTS: ) 10 Strikeouts, 5 Flyouts, 3 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 2 Lineouts 

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY )))))) (vs. ANGELS, 8/07)

IP:llllll7

H:lllll  5 )) (1 Home Run, 1 Double, 3 Singles)

R:lllllll 2

BB:lll 0

SO:l l10

Pitches: )l  105 )(72 )Strikes, )33 )Balls)

2017 ERA: )l 4.15

2017 WHIP: )l 1.191 )  134.33 Innings  (160 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .242 )  120  for  495

PITCHES BY INNING

17 lll(13 llStrikes,  ll 4 lllBalls)

10 lll(7lllStrikes,  l3 lllBalls)

12 lll(81 lllStrikes,  ll 4 lllBalls)

11 lll(91 lllStrikes,  ll 2 lllBalls)

16 lll(12 lllStrikes,  ll 4 lllBalls)

21 llll(12 lllStrikes,  ll 9 lllBalls)

18 llll(11 llllStrikes,  ll 7 lllBalls)

o

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

I thought he was outstanding.     Nice to see him looking like he did in April and May.

Almost as if the extra rest is doing him some good.

Hopefully next season he won't have issues with fatigue that he has apparently had his first two full seasons.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Almost as if the extra rest is doing him some good.

Hopefully next season he won't have issues with fatigue that he has apparently had his first two full seasons.

It will be interesting to see how they pace his starts the rest of the way.    He's at 134.1 innings now, and theoretically he could start 10 more times, but I'm guessing they figure a way to limit him to 7-8 more starts, which is still likely to put him in the 175 IP range for the year.

I don't know if he'll always have a bit of a fatigue issue.   He's not a big guy, and he works up more of a sweat when he pitches than almost any pitcher I've seen.     He may just be a guy you have to back off of once in a while.    Or, maybe with another year under his belt he'll make another step forward next year.

The cutter/slider was on last night. The extra rest definitely helps, I hope he works on another change up this offseason if he can get more drop on that he will be a legit 2 with plenty of room to move to a 1 with improvements on the 2s fb & consistency with the slider/cutter. He made Albert look silly. His fb has great life late that gets a lot of fouls back. I wonder if he's got 97 in there at any point down the road, not that it's necessary.

Archived