Dylan Bundy 2017

Frobby

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I also think it's a good move, though I'm a bit surprised they're stretching his rest period out that far.     We have to keep the long term in mind, plus he seems to come back strong when getting extra rest.    

This may also have something to do with matchups involving the other pitchers.  The August 22-23 period may be partly about resting Bundy and partly about how Buck wants to slot the other pitchers with the upcoming opponents.  Or maybe, like Buck, I'm overthinking things.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ScGO's said:

This shows our immediate need for one more starting pitcher.  Who is being shopped?  Miggy, Feldman, Chatwood

Please no.  It's not worth it this year to give up any more young talent no matter how marginal they may be.  We did that, and we still aren't above .500.  Sorry, but just start Tillman a few times if you have to.  No more trades.  Though I'll admit the Beckham trade is looking pretty nice.

19 hours ago, joelala said:

Please no.  It's not worth it this year to give up any more young talent no matter how marginal they may be.  We did that, and we still aren't above .500.  Sorry, but just start Tillman a few times if you have to.  No more trades.  Though I'll admit the Beckham trade is looking pretty nice.

These guys wouldn't require top 20 prospects

45 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I should hope not.  But prospect lists are pretty arbitrary anyway.  They are for largely for us, the fans.  So while these guys we're giving up may not be top 20 prospects according to Baseball America, they could turn out being much more useful than a month of  33 year old Miguel Gonzalez and his 4.67 ERA.  And I like Gonzalez, its just not worth it in IMO.  

39 minutes ago, joelala said:

I should hope not.  But prospect lists are pretty arbitrary anyway.  They are for largely for us, the fans.  So while these guys we're giving up may not be top 20 prospects according to Baseball America, they could turn out being much more useful than a month of  33 year old Miguel Gonzalez and his 4.67 ERA.  And I like Gonzalez, its just not worth it in IMO.  

33 yr old Gonzalez and his 4.67 ERA might have had the O's leading for the 2nd wild card if he had been here since day one.  Definitely would have preferred him to Miley or Ubaldo (no way to predict Tillman would be this bad.

36 minutes ago, joelala said:

Miggy's done well lately. He pitched very well against LA last night. 2 games out, bats are heating, bullpen has been fairly reliable, but with an innings limit on Bundy and a ugly Hydra that's Miley/Tillman/Jiminez that cannot be trusted whatsoever, we need one more SP to help us on this next very important homestand. 

If we can sneak into playoffs with a rested Bundy, a dominant Gausman, a steady Hellickson, and a steady veteran like Miggy who has playoff and AL east experience, we could have a shot in the postseason. 

I am willing to part with minor league assets to go and win in the playoffs. DD is not going to give up our top guys for Miggy. I trust in Dan even though he's been criticized heavily at times for his trades of prospects, but that is the challenge of being a GM, managing risk. 

A month and a half to go, Santander coming up, coming back home with their destiny in their hands, trade for Miggy or an equivalent and we could separate from the pack quick. I still believe, and trading for Miggy is very low risk considering the circumstances.

1 hour ago, ScGO's said:

Tobias wasn't a top 30 prospect by mlb but he was clearly one of the best 30, or 15, we had. I'm absolutely opposed to trading away anyone for another 7th starter, but if we do it I'll obviously love them almost as much as I love Bundy. I will go for a walk, vent, then be back to cheer on our miracle run that will result in Buck managing the AL all stars in DC next year. ?

12 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

33 yr old Gonzalez and his 4.67 ERA might have had the O's leading for the 2nd wild card if he had been here since day one.  Definitely would have preferred him to Miley or Ubaldo (no way to predict Tillman would be this bad.

We should have kept him & Parker. We'd be in the playoffs. Now we keep giving up assets to get something similar back. 

3 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Miggy's done well lately. He pitched very well against LA last night. 2 games out, bats are heating, bullpen has been fairly reliable, but with an innings limit on Bundy and a ugly Hydra that's Miley/Tillman/Jiminez that cannot be trusted whatsoever, we need one more SP to help us on this next very important homestand. 

If we can sneak into playoffs with a rested Bundy, a dominant Gausman, a steady Hellickson, and a steady veteran like Miggy who has playoff and AL east experience, we could have a shot in the postseason. 

I am willing to part with minor league assets to go and win in the playoffs. DD is not going to give up our top guys for Miggy. I trust in Dan even though he's been criticized heavily at times for his trades of prospects, but that is the challenge of being a GM, managing risk. 

A month and a half to go, Santander coming up, coming back home with their destiny in their hands, trade for Miggy or an equivalent and we could separate from the pack quick. I still believe, and trading for Miggy is very low risk considering the circumstances.

What prospects would you deal for Miggy? 

12 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

We should have kept him & Parker. We'd be in the playoffs. Now we keep giving up assets to get something similar back. 

I'm not convinced Parker would have had the same success with us that he's having with the Angels, for reasons Tony discussed in another thread.    But I see no reason Miggy couldn't have pitched as well for us as for the White Sox.   

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I'm not convinced Parker would have had the same success with us that he's having with the Angels, for reasons Tony discussed in another thread.    But I see no reason Miggy couldn't have pitched as well for us as for the White Sox.   

But Bridwell has faced our division on the road. 

1 hour ago, ScGO's said:

Ugly Hydra hahaha perfect description. 

And I think you and I just see this team a bit differently  regarding chances of reaching the playoffs let alone making any noise in the playoffs.  As much as I HOPE, I just don't see Miggy making the difference on a team that is still below .500 :(.  Call me a pessimist, but I just can't see it this year.

That said, I'm 1000% all for for bringing him in on a team friendly little deal in the off-season and seeing if he can help the rotation next year. 

1 hour ago, Cumberbundy said:

But Bridwell has faced our division on the road. 

I wasn't alluding to the opponents he's faced.    I was referring to the changes the Angels have made to his mix of pitches.    The O's were pushing heavy reliance on the fastball and the Angels have allowed him to mix his pitches more.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I wasn't alluding to the opponents he's faced.    I was referring to the changes the Angels have made to his mix of pitches.    The O's were pushing heavy reliance on the fastball and the Angels have allowed him to mix his pitches more.

Is that why the O's have trouble developing starters.?  They want to mold them into what they want them to be instead of allowing they to be who they are?

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Is that why the O's have trouble developing starters.?  They want to mold them into what they want them to be instead of allowing they to be who they are?

There have certainly been hints of that over the last several years.

Archived