• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

It's Wilson.

Ynoa is also coming up.

o

Thank you, Paul.

Arms, arms, and more arms ........ good arms, or even average arms ........ keep those core 4-5 members of the bullpen paced for the long run (the 162-game regular season, plus the possibility of postseasons games.)

o

11 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Didn't Wilson have a good start against the Sox last year? Buck loves the small sample matchup data.

o

Yes.

Another poster previously pointed out that for his career, Wilson has thrown 11 shutout innings overall while pitching at Fenway Park.

o

12 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

For what it's worth, Wilson's career in Fenway is 11 shutout innings, mainly thanks to one great start last year. It probably means nothing, but I think that he's the pick. It's either him or Ynoa, but Wilson is more experienced, and has been pitching better. 

o

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

KG told Roch he was available to start tonight, but he didnt think Buck was going to allow that.

It's a shame that we have to give Wilson a start against Boston, but I'm not going to fault Buck for playing it safe there. Hopefully KG finds his form soon.

25 minutes ago, TheWall said:

It's a shame that we have to give Wilson a start against Boston, but I'm not going to fault Buck for playing it safe there. Hopefully KG finds his form soon.

This is not a shame.  This is very smart.  Why risk injury to Gausman?  You know they are starting a AAA pitcher too right?  We aren't facing Chris Sale tonight.  

I dont think there was any way you could start Gasman tonight. He went through is whole warm-up session yesterday and threw 20 game pitches. If that same scenario happened but the game was called because of rain in the bottom of the second I dont think anybody would anticipate Gausman pitching the next day. And yes I understand how depleted the bullpen is and that makes a difference with a rainout and getting tossed. I think if Buck wanted to he could move his next start up a day. The last pitcher I recall starting back to back games was Wilbur Wood for the White Sox in 70 or 71. Both of his starts were the same day as part of a doubleheader. 

28 minutes ago, SteveA said:

And apparently Steven Wright wasn't just ducking us tonight because we had hammered him this year.   He is undergoing left knee surgery and is done for the year.

Or he's just really determined to avoid us. 

10 minutes ago, Fuzzball22 said:

I dont think there was any way you could start Gasman tonight. He went through is whole warm-up session yesterday and threw 20 game pitches. If that same scenario happened but the game was called because of rain in the bottom of the second I dont think anybody would anticipate Gausman pitching the next day. And yes I understand how depleted the bullpen is and that makes a difference with a rainout and getting tossed. I think if Buck wanted to he could move his next start up a day. The last pitcher I recall starting back to back games was Wilbur Wood for the White Sox in 70 or 71. Both of his starts were the same day as part of a doubleheader. 

I posted in the game thread last night, after some google research:

Sept 3, 2002 -- Aaron Myette starts in Baltimore for the Rangers.   We plunk A-Rod in the top of the first.   On his 3rd pitch of the game in the bottom of the first, Myette hits Melvin Mora with a pitch and is ejected.

Sept 4, 2002 -- Aaron Myette starts in Baltimore for the Rangers.

Archived