Did the O's law suit with MLB affect Gausman's ejection?

wildcard

So the commissioner gets involved.  Says he wants the intentional throwing at batters between the O's and Red Sox to stop.  The umpires hears that. The under current of the law suit is always there.  Do you think it made it easier for Holbrook to eject Kevin knowing that that commissioner  would  support  an action against the O's?

I think the umpires don't care one bit about the MASN dispute, many or most of them probably don't even know the details or nature of the case, and even if they did it wouldn't be relevant enough to influence their decisions in-game.

I think it was simply a case of an umpire being over anxious due to the drama and making a bad spur of the moment decision. 

Even if a Sox pitcher had been first to miss with one curve that hit someone like Hardy, they would have tossed Boston's pitcher too. They just wanted to send a message to both sides, and unfortunately Gausman and the O's got the raw end of that deal.

33 minutes ago, wildcard said:

So the commissioner gets involved.  Says he wants the intentional throwing at batters between the O's and Red Sox to stop.  The umpires hears that. The under current of the law suit is always there.  Do you think it made it easier for Holbrook to eject Kevin knowing that that commissioner  would  support  an action against the O's?

File a lawsuit for the ejection? 

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Umpires have been making stupid and irrational decisions long before the MASN lawsuit.

Any time the Orioles lose it has something to do with MLB's bias due to the lawsuit. Pretty sure when we didn't hit the other night it was because MLB let's the other guys doctor the ball. A couple guys on the board noticed Pomeranz going to his forearm, just sayin.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Any time the Orioles lose it has something to do with MLB's bias due to the lawsuit. Pretty sure when we didn't hit the other night it was because MLB let's the other guys doctor the ball. A couple guys on the board noticed Pomeranz going to his forearm, just sayin.

Hell, some posters still think Elvis is alive and well. :):):)

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Hell, some posters still think Elvis is alive and well. :):):)

Hey man, we've had a tough enough week already. How 'bout you not go any further with such nonsense given everyone around here is already tired and worn plum through.  Ya hear?

Thank you, thank you very much!

TCB 

5 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

My brother Mark shot President Kennedy from my mother's womb, in November of 1963.

o

Since we are being honest and open about these things I'll unburden myself from the biggest secret on OH: Frobby is Sportsguy. I've known for years but was warned not to expose what, in hindsight, is an obvious truth. Whew. I feel so much better. 

32 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Hey man, we've had a tough enough week already. How 'bout you not go any further with such nonsense given everyone around here is already tired and worn plum through.  Ya hear?

Thank you, thank you very much!

TCB 

If you think my joke is nonsense, then sorry, move on.

Archived