Are the Blue Jays Done?

Uli2001

Nobody is done after 30 games. That said, they have a long road to contention in front of them. I never thought they were the front runner, so I would call it a major upset if they even climbed up to 3rd in the AL east..

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

Looking ahead to the end of the season, the Blue Jays have 22 of their last 32 games against the Orioles, Red Soxs, and Yankees.  They will have a say in who remains atop the division.

They are one of the worst teams I have seen play baseball at the mlb level. And I've seen some bad Orioles teams

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Don't know the timetable on Donaldson, Happ, and Sanchez but they are a decent team at full strength.

When he was good and when he was healthy, he was a difference maker. The arms are all injured though. 

34 minutes ago, weams said:

They are one of the worst teams I have seen play baseball at the mlb level. And I've seen some bad Orioles teams

With the trades they will make before the dead line and players that may return healthy in September plus any call ups will cause a temporary bump in their play at the end of the season. IMO  That is why they (the Blue Jays) will have an impact on the division come September. IMO.

27 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

With the trades they will make before the dead line and players that may return healthy in September plus any call ups will cause a temporary bump in their play at the end of the season. IMO  That is why they (the Blue Jays) will have an impact on the division come September. IMO.

I'm pretty sure they will tank from here on out. Sell Donaldson. Sell Sanchez. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Will the corporation that owns the team allow it?

And trade Donaldson while you are at it, great player but he's 31 and a free agent in 2019.  Not a piece a rebuilding team should hang onto.

And so injury prone. That kick and all. Or whatever he does up there. 

Just now, RZNJ said:

I don't know.   They have a rotation of Stroman, Happ, Sanchez and Estrada to work with.   Donaldson is 

Why wouldn't Stroman and Sanchez, two good young starters be the core to build upon?    If a team is rebuilding, that's exactly what you would want to build with.    You don't build upon a 34 year old catcher and a  31 year old utility infielder, 

I thought he was being sarcastic.

Archived