Buck, Bullpen management and wins

ArtVanDelay

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

But he has played in 32 of 34 games.    It's not like he's sitting on the bench for a week at a time.  

I know. We have been winning a lot and he comes in for defense or as a pinch runner.  My point is if Mancini is here for good then you are carrying him as a late inning defender and base runner and in the process have to keep a 6 man pen or potentially lose Kim. 

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I know. We have been winning a lot and he comes in for defense or as a pinch runner.  My point is if Mancini is here for good then you are carrying him as a late inning defender and base runner and in the process have to keep a 6 man pen or potentially lose Kim. 

Or option Rickard.   

3 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Yes they could do that. 

One thing is Seth Smith. I mean is he someone that you have to pull late for a defender? I don't think he is. 

He is at the least a big improvement over Trumbo--and for that we should be grateful.

I could be wrong but it seems like Buck has been ok with losing the last few games. He knows that his bullpen is absolutely worn out. Therefore, he has sacrificed a few wins in order to rest the bullpen. After losing the last three games can we now say that the bullpen is 90% rested and ready to go. Thoughts?

Archived