Gausman option?

bpilktree

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pastorfan said:

They won't do that. They do not want to tick him off like that, unless his attitude is a problem.

If he has a good attitude, he should accept the demotion and use the opportunity to improve himself without costing the team.

If his attitude is a problem, he will get ticked off, but so be it--his performance right now does not back up a MLB roster spot.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

This website has told me countless times that Gausman doesn't have an option remaining. With this article from Connolly, that's clearly now not true.

You better watch you might get a negative rep like I did for wondering the same thing.  Based on here he has none but Connolly says one.  Which seems true from his response that 2016 was not option but just minor league rehab.

27 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

You better watch you might get a negative rep like I did for wondering the same thing.  Based on here he has none but Connolly says one.  Which seems true from his response that 2016 was not option but just minor league rehab.

I was told that Guest neg rep doesn't count.

9 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

What's the point of optioning Gausman, if you still got Tillman and Jimenez in there. At this point, just keep trotting Gausman out there every 5th day. This season is toast.

The point is to try to fix Gausman.  

Just now, Il BuonO said:

And Mike Griffin is going to do that? I don't believe every ML pitching coach during Buck's tenure has made pitchers worse. Well, except for Adair. ;)

Sometimes it helps to hear a different voice, or just get into a different environment.    

4 hours ago, pastorfan said:

They won't do that. They do not want to tick him off like that, unless his attitude is a problem.

Dude needs to develop a 3rd pitch.  Tell him to forget results. Send him to Frederick. Take some pressure off him and let's really try to develop him. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

The point is to try to fix Gausman.  

But is he fixable (as a starter)? I realize he had some good pitching stats last year. But ultimately I'm old school and I still judge a pitcher by their won-loss record. Gausman has a MLB record of 28-38. Sorry, but that screams mediocre. Yeah, I know he doesn't get run support... blah blah blah...

If you ask me, he's a head case. He's got a good arm, no doubt. but generally seems to get flustered on the mound. I just don't think he's a true top of the rotation guy at this point.

My theory is trade Britton at the deadline and get some young talent and install Gausman as the closer. Hey, why not at this point?

Archived