Rosenthal: O's Preparing to Sell

pdiddy

Just now, TradeAngelos said:

I can't even believe you typed this for public consumption much less actually believe it has a shred of relevance or is comparable.

You are the one that said

That isn't how life or professional sports works.

Not me.

You opened the door.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Can_of_corn said:

You said it doesn't go on in reality.

Obviously it does.

You could add the Phillies to the list of teams trying it.

It is much more likely the rebuild crashes or falls way short of expectations than building one of the best teams in baseball after you hit the lottery and 5 scratch offs in a row, for 3 years straight. What happens then? Oh yeah another "rebuild". And then maybe another one. But hey maybe after 5...6...7 years it ALL comes together and works out perfectly. Like it has for a couple teams in the last 5 years. Maybe. But probably not.

You know who definitely wins though? The owner! Beecause he gets to pocket 100m over a few years and fill the coffers even more, so he can cry poor when the team is even slightly competitive, and still refuse to sign good quality pitching. Sounds like a plan.

1 minute ago, TradeAngelos said:

It is much more likely the rebuild crashes or falls way short of expectations than building one of the best teams in baseball after you hit the lottery and 5 scratch offs in a row, for 3 years straight. What happens then? Oh yeah another "rebuild". And then maybe another one. But hey maybe after 5...6...7 years it ALL comes together and works out perfectly. Like it has for a couple teams in the last 5 years. Maybe. But probably not.

You know who definitely wins though? The owner! Beecause he gets to pocket 100m over a few years and fill the coffers even more, so he can cry poor when the team is even slightly competitive, and still refuse to sign good quality pitching. Sounds like a plan.

What the heck does this have to do with anything?

You said something doesn't happen I showed recent evidence of it happening.

That should have been the end of the exchange.  Unless of course you wanted to admit to being wrong. 

2 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

So, wait, what's your strategy if you're GM?

Brach would be the first to go in an abbreviated sell-off, I imagine. Cheaper than Britton (both in dollars and trade cost), still under team control next year.

Moving O'Day would be great, but that's not as easy, given his struggles and $$$ cost.

Britton is the crown jewel, but I'd wager he'd be the of the relievers last to go, if only because the team needs him to rebuild his value as much as possible between now and July 31.

Castillo I do hope they flip. Don't want him potentially exercising his option and staying.

1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

You're just going to give me Teheran?  No negotiations?  Doesn't sound like a solid way to rebuild.?

Just because I like a good debate folks labor under the misconception that I won't admit when I've made a mistake.  I'd forgotten about Teheran when I wrote that.

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I actually enjoy reading stuff. Guess I am old. 

I'm 28 and can't stand how most websites post videos instead of articles now. I would rather read an article over watching a video any day.

Archived