Rosenthal: O's Preparing to Sell

pdiddy

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

Could be a Rosenthal angle. Maybe he's asking a leading question of his source. I wouldn't put it beneath him. 

That said, the other option is more likely. DD putting it out there that it's not his fault if we implode and get nothing. He'd probably like another job after next year. 

I wouldn't blame DD if he opts out of his contract. The organization is a mess. If i were a GM  I couldn't work for Mr. Angelos. 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Which is why they should trade him. They'll never sign him to a deal like that.

Especially not in the midst of a complete rebuild. ;)

The only "complete rebuild" going on exists only in the people's minds who post here. It's all or nothing TEAR IT DOWN!! SELL THEM ALL!! That isn't how life or professional sports works. Only on message boards and twitter.

4 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Well, I certainly hope he can find another job. That's a top priority. I wonder if he would consider tendering his resignation.

Do you think there is a chance in the world Angelos won't make him wait a year before getting another job in baseball?

2 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

The only "complete rebuild" going on exists only in the people's minds who post here. It's all or nothing TEAR IT DOWN!! SELL THEM ALL!! That isn't how life or professional sports works. Only on message boards and twitter.

Braves, Astros say Hi!  As do any number of NBA teams. (Yes Braves kept one guy)

Trust the process and all that.

51 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

This means absolutely nothing if Peter Angelos won't give Dan permission to sell. I wish someone could tell us what Peter has decided.

Exactly. And personally I am sick of all the fools out there that think Dan can just do whatever he wants. 

Referring to people on social media, not here.  

4 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Gives people something to do.

10 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Could be a Rosenthal angle. Maybe he's asking a leading question of his source. I wouldn't put it beneath him. 

That said, the other option is more likely. DD putting it out there that it's not his fault if we implode and get nothing. He'd probably like another job after next year. 

It also is the owners fault we don't invest internationally. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Braves, Astros say Hi!  As do any number of NBA teams. (Yes Braves kept one guy)

Trust the process and all that.

I love recency bias exceptions as to how everything in those situations are so similar to where the O's are, completely ignoring about 27 moving parts and circumstances that are exclusive to each team. And how we will ignore all the teams that fail repeatedly trying to do this, and point out the 1 or 2 that recently made it work by having literally every single thing go right. Because it is such a clear path to gut your team, and completely rebuild it from scratch in 2-3 years time creating the best team in baseball. Huge success rate doing that. 

Yep.  It's rather popular strategy these days.  And the NBA does count as professional sports.

I can't even believe you typed this for public consumption much less actually believe it has a shred of relevance or is comparable.

Yep.  It's rather popular strategy these days.  And the NBA does count as professional sports.

It is also the sport where one player can change an entire franchise. 

Not saying teams don't do it, i just think it isn't the only way to go in MLB.  

Just now, TradeAngelos said:

I love recency bias exceptions as to how everything in those situations are so similar to where the O's are, completely ignoring about 27 moving parts and circumstances that are exclusive to each team. And how we will ignore all the teams that fail repeatedly trying to do this, and point out the 1 or 2 that recently made it work by having literally every single thing go right. Because it is such a clear path to gut your team, and completely rebuild it from scratch in 2-3 years time creating the best team in baseball. Huge success rate doing that. 

You said it doesn't go on in reality.

Obviously it does.

You could add the Phillies to the list of teams trying it.

Archived