Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Maybe so. We could hope he does.

I think the only way Dan does not trade a reliever tonight is if Peter vetoes the trade.  That is my guess.

This is a big night for the O's franchise.   A big night for Dan.

14 minutes ago, wildcard said:

This is about as exciting as it get for a GM.   The O's have major players to trade.  Tonight is the crunch time for Dan.  He needs tomorrow to get whatever he sees as the best deal approved by Peter.  Always a tough thing to do.  

I am going to be watch the wire tonight to see what happens.  Probably more interesting than most of the games lately.

Whats the point of your question?

We have many threads on this topic.    

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

I want to nitpick over it, because you left it out on purpose to forward your ridiculous agenda. There are lot of things to be angry about, 7m dollars for Castillo shouldn't be one of them.

Right, I have everybody's 2018 salaries and options memorized, but I thought I would get the OH  message board on board with my agenda if I said $8 mil instead of $7 mil.

Or, I thought it was $8 mil.

Regardless, it's too much money for a guy who takes opportunity away from the better catcher and blocks prospects, who would be much cheaper.

Just now, El Gordo said:

Gonna be a long night for Britton too.

Yes, more to the point.    I'd hate to be a player in this situation, subject to forces beyond my control.  I'll never forget BJ Surhoff crying when he was told he'd been traded.    

Just now, Frobby said:

Yes, more to the point.    I'd hate to be a player in this situation, subject to forces beyond my control.  I'll never forget BJ Surhoff crying when he was told he'd been traded.    

On the upside for him he will be going to a playoff team if he goes. 

22 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Britton put himself in this position by hiring Boras as his agent.

Don't you think he put himself in this position by being the best closer in baseball? What he should be bad on purpose so the O's can't trade him?  . Boras has nothing to do with it. Britton will get more in arbitration than PA is willing to pay a RP.

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Britton put himself in this position by hiring Boras as his agent.

Not really. You could say Britton put himself in this position by being the type of person that hires Boras I guess.

Britton could call Boras and tell him he wants to sign with the O's for 5/50 and Boras would have to try and get it done.

Boras works for Britton.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not really. You could say Britton put himself in this position by being the type of person that hires Boras I guess.

Britton could call Boras and tell him he wants to sign with the O's for 5/50 and Boras would have to try and get it done.

Boras works for Britton.

Why should Britton call Boras and tell him to settle for less?  Would you take less to do your job?  If I was a talented baseball player I would hire the best agent in the business.  In the end it is up to the player to decide where he is going to play but I can't blame any of them for hiring the person to put them in the best contract situation they can get.

7 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Do you think that's a good package for Wilson?

Personally I think it is. They would get a mlb ready 3B and OF one of which is a top 100 prospect and then a high upside short stop from low A. I'd imagine the Cubs might throw in a couple other guys too. 

Archived