Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think so too.  Britton is in another class.  

Britton's WHIP in 2017 is 1.74.

If you're going to use his past to justify an asking price, we'd have to use Watson's history, too - which has been pretty good, all told.

Just now, FlipTheBird said:

Britton's WHIP in 2017 is 1.74.

If you're going to use his past to justify an asking price, we'd have to use Watson's history, too - which has been pretty good, all told.

You are really trying to compare the 2? 

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

In the playoffs he can pitch in 90% of the games.  Look what Miller did for us and Clev.  

And look at how many World Series Baltimore and Cleveland won those years.

No one acquisition can guarantee anything.

1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's fine to set the bar high, but you have to be willing to negotiate based on the market. This team was not in a position to walk away with nothing. 

We wouldn't be walking away with nothing.   We'd still have Britton and Brach and could trade them in the offseason.

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's fine to set the bar high, but you have to be willing to negotiate based on the market. This team was not in a position to walk away with nothing. 

Sure it is.   If you have a Mercedes with a small dent in the fender, you don't accept $4,000 in trade in.    If that's all they offer, you walk away.  

Archived