The Nick Markakis 2,000th hit countdown thread

Frobby

8 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

Al Bundy, no relation, once scored 4 touchdowns in a single game.

I've been saying for awhile now, Dylan needed to change his last name.  It only brings misfortune.  If he had changed his name earlier he wouldn't have suffered those injuries that sapped his stuff.  He'd have been a perennial Cy Young candidate.

Nick has cooled off considerably and Austin Riley's hot start could end up starting the gradual erosion of his everyday playing time.  I worried about this last summer when the Braves picked up Adam Duvall before Duvall completely fell on his face, something that I'm pretty sure won't be the case with Riley.

There's no great pressure until Inciarte returns from his IL stint, but I'd guess NIck's consecutive games streak ends within a few days of Inciarte making it back, even if Inciarte ends up demoted to basic 4th outfielder status.

22 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

Nick has cooled off considerably and Austin Riley's hot start could end up starting the gradual erosion of his everyday playing time.  I worried about this last summer when the Braves picked up Adam Duvall before Duvall completely fell on his face, something that I'm pretty sure won't be the case with Riley.

There's no great pressure until Inciarte returns from his IL stint, but I'd guess NIck's consecutive games streak ends within a few days of Inciarte making it back, even if Inciarte ends up demoted to basic 4th outfielder status.

Must be nice to be Atlanta.   

• 2 weeks later...

Nick is in a pretty hellacious slump, hitting .181/.257/.277 over his last 27 games.   With the emergence of Austin Riley and the other young OF talent Atlanta has, Nick’s days as a starter could be numbered if he doesn’t break out of it soon.   To date, however, he’s played in all 64 of Atlanta’s games, starting 60 of them.    

He’s 6 hits away from 2300, 158th all time.   In his next 10 hits he’ll pass Charlie Grimm, Kiki Cuyler, Aramis Ramirez and Dan Brouthers.

57 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Nick is in a pretty hellacious slump, hitting .181/.257/.277 over his last 27 games.   With the emergence of Austin Riley and the other young OF talent Atlanta has, Nick’s days as a starter could be numbered if he doesn’t break out of it soon.   To date, however, he’s played in all 64 of Atlanta’s games, starting 60 of them.    

He’s 6 hits away from 2300, 158th all time.   In his next 10 hits he’ll pass Charlie Grimm, Kiki Cuyler, Aramis Ramirez and Dan Brouthers.

I still root for former O's, especially the recently jettison one's and some who have been gone a while like Nick.  Recently, I have been checking the box scores regularly for Arizona (Jones and Walker), Minnesota (Schoop), SanDiego (Machado) and Atlanta (Nick and Gausman) and Los Angeles (because well Trout, WAR be damned).   Checking Atlanta's box score has been very disappointing for quite a while.   Hopefully Nick turns it around soon and Gausman finds his typical second half form.