Santander

OriolesMagic83

51 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Nah, not talking about that. He’s more athletic than people (or, you) give him credit. Like his approach at bat, too. 

I’ve seen him be bad, but his athleticism could give him a shot. Hey, wouldn’t be the first time I was wrong.

I don’t think anyone else on the team could have made that catch. The height and timing of the jump, and the route getting there in the first place, disqualify everyone on the 25, and most guys on the 40.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

I don’t think anyone else on the team could have made that catch. The height and timing of the jump, and the route getting there in the first place, disqualify everyone on the 25, and most guys on the 40.

You don't think Broxton could make that play?

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think he does.  He's having a couple good games.  He's also got a 737 OPS in juiced ball Norfolk.  He isn't that good and it will show.

Folks get all excited when a guy comes up and has a few good games.

I’m glad he had a good day.    

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

He would.

Mancini could probably make the catch if he got a good jump on the ball. Not sure about the throw to 1B. 

I'm not sure about Mancini but if you want to expand it to the 40 man, Hays makes that play. 

On 6/8/2019 at 7:19 PM, jabba72 said:

He isnt hitting in Norfolk is one thing thats wrong with Santander. Im sure coming into the year he was considered a higher prospect than Stewart, but definitely still behind Hays and Diaz. 

Technically, he wasn’t considered a prospect at all, having earned a full year of major league service.    

Personally, I don’t know that I would have ranked him ahead of Stewart.  The OH list had Stewart 6 and Santander 8 after the 2017 season.    Then in 2018, Stewart posted a .716 OPS in AAA and .890 in the majors, while Santander posted .695 in AA, .599 in AAA and .547 in the majors.   Nether was very impressive last year, but Santander was less so, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

o

(vs. MARINERS, 6/22)

NUMBER 2

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER

o