Austin Hays

weams

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

As I said in the other thread this was mentioned in, I bet he is just in town to get his player of the year award.

Could be. It does seem surprising that they would pull him while the Baysox are in the playoffs unless they plan to play him everyday. Honestly, he's better than both Rickard and Smith so maybe they are ready to turn over RF to him.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Could be. It does seem surprising that they would pull him while the Baysox are in the playoffs unless they plan to play him everyday. Honestly, he's better than both Rickard and Smith so maybe they are ready to turn over RF to him.

Seth is doing fine. He has to be playing vs LHP and maybe more depending.  Could be pinch runner and late inning defender as well. 

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I've been pitching this ever since they closed the wildcard gap, if you want to win, can you afford to not play your best option?

Just now, phillyOs119 said:

I've been pitching this ever since they closed the wildcard gap, if you want to win, can you afford to not play your best option.

It makes sense now that they are in the hunt. He's better than both of their current options and gives Buck some flexibility on the bench with Smith (LH bat) and Rickard (speed/defense).

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Seth is doing fine. He has to be playing vs LHP and maybe more depending.  Could be pinch runner and late inning defender as well. 

No, you don't bring up Hays to sit him on the bench. Smith would be a good bat off the bench and could give the Orioles a nice matchup late in games.