Markakis vs. Zimmerman

Captain_Cool007

well uh hey fellas! i have been reading these for a very long time and i finally grew a pair. So i watch my beloved O's play on MASN and sometimes i catch a Nats game. well on these nats games the announcers treat Ryan Zimmerman like god... for example in our last series all the Nationals announcers did was just brag about Zimmerman and Palmer just took it... Nick Markakis is easily the better young guy but gets no recognition like Zimms. well who do you guys think is better?

Love them both. I love Markakis a little more, but that may be the O's fan in me talking.

If the Nats don't want to pony up the money Zimmerman wants for a long term contract, I'd love to see the O's try and trade for him. He's exactly the type of player that the O's should be trying to get.

- Zimmerman = 23 years old, 3.032 ML Service Time at the end of the season

389-G, 1686-PA, 278/336/463/799, 109 OPS+

- Markakis = 24 years old, 3.000 ML Service Time at the end of the season

368-G, 1517-PA, 295/364/472/836, 118 OPS+

Loved to have both of them...

Markakis >>>>> Zimmerman

Zim has a pretty good glove down at 3rd though.

I think the glove at a premium position probably equals them out but no doubt (in my mind anyway) that Nick is a better hitter.

Biff, I laughed when I saw that commercial.

No matter how bad it's been for the O's over the years (and it has been), at least we don't have to consider our staff ace to be Tim Redding.

It really suggests that even with the new ballpark, the O's are the team really with the brighter future at the moment.

Archived