June 10: Birds at Fenway

Why Not?

Thorne gets way too excited for opposing teams home runs and other big plays. Especially for the Red Sox it seems. He almost seemed disappointed that Beckett was struggling earlier in the game too, like he just couldn't believe it.

Maybe it's just me but I really don't need to hear our announcers going nuts for other teams big plays, I'm already mad enough they just took the lead I don't need Thorne leading the Red Sox cheer on top of that.

I've said this before and I agree. It's as if he forgets he announcing Orioles games- and not ESPN games- where he's used to being bi-partisan.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha is anyone listening to Rem-Dawg lol talking about the fake fans that will be in LA tonite for the basketball game , uh where were all these redsox fans before this latest run the last few yrs?

I've said this before and I agree. It's as if he forgets he announcing Orioles games- and not ESPN games- where he's used to being bi-partisan.

Are you talking about the same Gary Thorne who said that Schilling's bloody sock was fake?

Thorne is a great hockey commentator (he is from Maine) but a terrible baseball commentator.

Just rewatched the play at 2nd in slo-mo. It defintely looked like a tie. The ump could not see when the ball was in the glove from where he was standing. I guess tie goes to the home team- which is really- the red sox IN EVERY BALLPARK just about.

haha is anyone listening to Rem-Dawg lol talking about the fake fans that will be in LA tonite for the basketball game , uh where were all these redsox fans before this latest run the last few yrs?

Like I said in a previous post in this very thread, Remy is absolutely nauseating to listen to. But yes I did hear his comment about the game tonight. I wonder which "fake fans" he is referring to, Boston or L.A. fans?

Just rewatched the play at 2nd in slo-mo. It defintely looked like a tie. The ump could not see when the ball was in the glove from where he was standing. I guess tie goes to the home team- which is really- the red sox IN EVERY BALLPARK just about.

Why do you think they are 26-6 at home?

If you look in the rule book you see it says no such thing. It says tie goes to the Red Sox.:cussing:

Archived