June 10: Birds at Fenway

Why Not?

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can see the motivation for the league to want to make this a competitive series. However, with the Donaghy investigation still going strong I would find it incredibly insane if the league has their hands in this in anyway.

This is the newest from ESPN. Donaghy docs allege refs altered playoff games.

Well done Jamie... c'mon Bradford.

Yeah saw that link a while ago, I guess Van Gundy was onto something in that playoff series.

With that said, Donaghy is simply trying anything at all possible to save face a little. Whether is telling the truth or not....nothing that he says can hold any value because of what he did.

So yeah, you are prob right, the NBA will completly stay out of the this to ensure nothing comes out to the contrary.

GameDay has been unbelievably awful this inning:

1. Said Delcarmen had relieved Beckett.

2. Filed to record that Bynum had made an out.

3. The said Delcarmen relieved Okajima later in the inning (though according to them Okajima had never entered the game).

4. Now shows the Sox with a runner on 1st with 2 out but no indication of who is on first or how they got there; summary just shows two hitters made outs.

Yeah saw that link a while ago, I guess Van Gundy was onto something in that playoff series.

With that said, Donaghy is simply trying anything at all possible to save face a little. Whether is telling the truth or not....nothing that he says can hold any value because of what he did.

So yeah, you are prob right, the NBA will completly stay out of the this to ensure nothing comes out to the contrary.

So I guess you are a supporter of Roger Clemens then as well?

Trembley's gotta get a lot of credit for pulling all the right strings tonight. The bullpen has done its job.
What do you mean? He's doing the same thing he does when it doesn't work and people flame him. Either you agree with his strategy of using Walker and Bradford in situational match ups or you don't. He can't know when they are going to be effective.

GameDay has been unbelievably awful this inning:

1. Said Delcarmen had relieved Beckett.

2. Filed to record that Bynum had made an out.

3. The said Delcarmen relieved Okajima later in the inning (though according to them Okajima had never entered the game).

4. Now shows the Sox with a runner on 1st with 2 out but no indication of who is on first or how they got there; summary just shows two hitters made outs.

What do you got for us for your 21,000th post? Hopefully something motivational. ;)

What do you mean? He's doing the same thing he does when it doesn't work and people flame him. Either you agree with his strategy of using Walker and Bradford in situational match ups or you don't. He can't know when they are going to be effective.
Whether I like the moves or not, if you're gonna flame him when they don't work, you gotta tip your cap when they do work.

I would've left Sarfate in for the whole inning myself. But Trembley pulled some strings and it worked.

Archived