Luke Scott

RyanAdams420

You must not know SG that well, not only does he know exactly what other teams want, but he also knows the well-being of every player ;) :wedge:

If Scott is that hurt, DL him.

If he is that hurt, how is he able to hit as well as he has been?

It is a bs excuse doesn't hold water anymore.

We will see if DT starts playing Scott against lefties more.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does this whole site hate me when I'm the only one being realistic. Sorry I don't praise the O's for everything they do when they haven't been above 500 in 10 years

I gave you some positive rep to get you out of the red a little. You just need to act a little less belligerent.

So it's impossible for a player to be hurt, but be able to play not everyday in order to get better and still produce? Impossible? Jeez, that's crazy, thanks for the revelation, should I refer to you as Dr. Sports Guy from now on? Players do this all the time, they're banged up and they get a few more days off than they normally would as they heal up for a few weeks. It's not a "bs excuse" just because you're not in the loop to the situation. :rolleyes:

You must not know SG that well, not only does he know exactly what other teams want, but he also knows the well-being of every player

Why does this whole site hate me when I'm the only one being realistic. Sorry I don't praise the O's for everything they do when they haven't been above 500 in 10 years

I gave you some positive rep to get you out of the red a little. You just need to act a little less belligerent.

Part of what's happening is that he shows up, sees how the guy with 60K posts acts, and figures that's what's normal.

What he doesn't realize yet is that there's 2 sets of social rules: One for SG, and another for everybody else. SG acts belligerent towards everybody and everything that goes against his opinions, and that's just accepted. If anybody else acts in a belligerent fashion, they're treated like they're out of line (as they should be). But for SG, The Problem Child, it's somehow OK and everybody accepts it.

Why in the world would you do that? It just amazes me how many of us don't believe in accountability in this country. That guy earned every neg point he got. He did nothing to earn positive rep. His posts in this thread were among the most ignorant, poorly written, and inconsistent posts I've seen on this site in a long time. I understand that you're a really nice guy. That is a great trait, but propping people up when they haven't earned it is a very dangerous practice in my opinion.

I just don't like to see people ganged up, regardless of how they're acting. :(

No mention of "injuries" at all.

Maybe because he's healed up? No, of course not. Couldn't be. It's very reasonable that they would keep him on a more limited schedule, pulling him when the guy that spells him is at his highest strength (Payton vs. LHP). And then, when he does heal up, he goes back to being the everyday player that he was always going to be.

Maybe because he's healed up? No, of course not. Couldn't be. It's very reasonable that they would keep him on a more limited schedule, pulling him when the guy that spells him is at his highest strength (Payton vs. LHP). And then, when he does heal up, he goes back to being the everyday player that he was always going to be.

Or that Trembley really believes that Payton is more proficient at hitting lefties, and that's why we're seeing this. Boourns.

Oh come on, Shack. This isn't entirely accurate.

Oh, I think it's accurate.

Now, I agree it wouldn't be entirely accurate if I said that was all it was. I agree the new guy was being a jerk and asking for it. However, I didn't say the double social standard was all of it, I said it was part of it. I think there's a fair amount of "monkey-see, monkey-do" among the newbies, I think that's only natural, and they are routinely shown a prolific model of poor behavior. Nothing rule-breaking, nothing that crosses any firmly-defined line... but which is nonetheless an example that encourages belligerent noise instead of anything useful.

ps: Before somebody jumps in making excuses for it... yes, I do know this kinda junk happens on other sites, and is usually way worse. But so what?

Oh, I think it's accurate.

Now, I agree it wouldn't be entirely accurate if I said that was all it was. I agree the new guy was being a jerk and asking for it. However, I didn't say the double social standard was all of it, I said it was part of it. I think there's a fair amount of "monkey-see, monkey-do" among the newbies, I think that's only natural, and they are routinely shown a prolific model of poor behavior. Nothing rule-breaking, nothing that crosses any firmly-defined line... but which is nonetheless an example that encourages belligerent noise instead of anything useful.

ps: Before somebody jumps in making excuses for it... yes, I do know this kinda junk happens on other sites, and is usually way worse. But so what?

Hey Shack, what is it they say, in the land of the *donkeys* the horses a$$ rules?:rofl:

Or that Trembley really believes that Payton is more proficient at hitting lefties, and that's why we're seeing this. Boourns.

Since(and including) May 31, the Orioles have faced 4 lefties starters...Lester twice, Pettitte and Glen Perkins....Since May 31, Luke Scott has not started 4 games....Which 4 games did he not start? That's right, the 4 against the lefties.

Archived