Cashner, Presley, Tillman - are the O's done now?

interloper

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t know if Lynn or Cobb would go for it or not but at this point, given the fact that so many O’s are in the final year of their contracts and for some odd reason it’s seems like the FO is trying to be competitive THIS year, offer one of them a 1 year/$25 million and see if they bite.  Yes...that’s a big overpay but it’s only a 1 year commitment and at the very least, our rotation would be vastly improved.

I have trouble understanding why so many people want to repeat the Trumbo/Mancini mistake of signing someone in front of the 3-4 guys who are almost ready for the outfield.  Will Jay or Dyson or Rasmus really be significantly better than Hays or Mullins or one of the others?

It is also obvious that almost nobody thinks any of our rule 5 pitchers could possibly be any good. With three news ones, one from before and Wright, we have to find space for someone on the 25.

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think it is necessary for a person to already have major league experience before he can play good major league baseball.  I hope none of the people who want to bring in another veteran or two are not the same people who yell about trading our minor league pitchers--I don't think you would have promosted them anyway.

Archived