Cashner, Presley, Tillman - are the O's done now?

interloper

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, weams said:

Duquette says he is getting another starting pitcher. But maybe he is wrong. 

“Another starting pitcher” could mean Lance Lynn or Francisco Liriano or some MiL guy you’ve never heard of.    So yeah, I’m pretty sure he’ll acquire another starting pitcher.

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

“Another starting pitcher” could mean Lance Lynn or Francisco Liriano or some MiL guy you’ve never heard of.    So yeah, I’m pretty sure he’ll acquire another starting pitcher.

Yep. Sure could be that. 

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Another starting pitcher could mean Lance Lynn or Francisco Liriano, or some MiL guy you’ve never heard of. So yeah, Im pretty sure that hell acquire another starting pitcher.

o

If Duquette can somehow convince Peter to allow him to sign Lance Lynn, Alex Cobb, or Jake Arrieta, he will be all but have cemented a very positive overall legacy in his tenure as the Orioles' GM. *

* l In My Rat's Ass of an Opinion

o

4 hours ago, interloper said:

Or can we hold out a little hope for a "real" SP (i.e. Lynn) and a "real" LH OF (i.e. Jay or Dyson)?

No I am not happy. Signing Tillman is silly. If this team wants to compete then it takes good pitchers. It takes a Cobb or Lynn. Not Chris Tillman. 

4 hours ago, millertime said:

I don’t know if Lynn or Cobb would go for it or not but at this point, given the fact that so many O’s are in the final year of their contracts and for some odd reason it’s seems like the FO is trying to be competitive THIS year, offer one of them a 1 year/$25 million and see if they bite.  Yes...that’s a big overpay but it’s only a 1 year commitment and at the very least, our rotation would be vastly improved.

I thought about this as well. It would not put us over last year's payroll.

44 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I'm hoping it's Cobb....somehow/some way!

You could drop everyone one slot and the rule 5 to long relief.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Good post. I think a realistic rest of the offseason could be Liriano and Dyson/Jay/Rasmus. 

Lynn if he falls into our laps on a 3 year deal. 

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

If the Orioles are just going to sign mediocre and AAAA type players, I say blow it up and go full rebuild.  Sort of trying to compete is going to set this franchise back a decade.  

"Sort of trying to compete"  is what the Orioles tried to do for 14 years of losing.

Archived