Sisco is playing himself off the 25-man in today's game (Gamethreadish)

interloper

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

PSA that Byron Buxton was 29-for-30 against all MLB catchers last year and is the best baserunner in the AL by far.

The April tell I'm worried about is if average speed guys start going.  

Buxton was basically up and dusting himself off when the ball got there.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Back on topic, I loved seeing Sisco bunt against the shift.    Heck of a nice bunt, too.

Dozier campaigned about it after the game.  I feel it’s taunting the batter when you remove a player from his position.  I can’t believe someone would have a problem with you hitting it there.  I love watching Sisco at bats. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Back on topic, I loved seeing Sisco bunt against the shift.    Heck of a nice bunt, too.

Dozier was not happy with it.  He says he thought about saying something to Sisco when he got to 2nd base but he decided not to because he said the Orioles have great veteran leaders like AJ and CD and he was sure those guys would "talk to Sisco about it".

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Back on topic,loved seeing Sisco bunt against the shift. Heck of a nice bunt, too.

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Dozier was not happy with it. He said that he thought about saying something to Sisco when he got to 2nd base, but he decided not to because he said that the Orioles have great veteran leaders like Adam Jones and Chris Davis, and that he was sure that those guys would "talk to Sisco about it."

o

I'm sure that they will.

"Nice bunt, rookie" will probably be the gist of the conversation.

o

16 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

Dozier campaigned about it after the game.  I feel it’s taunting the batter when you remove a player from his position.  I can’t believe someone would have a problem with you hitting it there.  I love watching Sisco at bats. 

8 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Dozier was not happy with it.  He says he thought about saying something to Sisco when he got to 2nd base but he decided not to because he said the Orioles have great veteran leaders like AJ and CD and he was sure those guys would "talk to Sisco about it".

2 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I'm sure that they will.

o

It probably had more to do with the fact that the Orioles were down 7-0. 

Then again, the Twins stole a base while up 6-0, so...

8 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Dozier was not happy with it. He said that he thought about saying something to Sisco when he got to 2nd base, but he decided not to because he said that the Orioles have great veteran leaders like Adam Jones and Chris Davis, and that he was sure that those guys would "talk to Sisco about it."

1 minute ago, OFFNY said:

o

I'm sure that they will.

o

o

Twins Unhappy that Orioles’ Chance Sisco Bunted for a Hit

(By Bill Baer)

https://sports.yahoo.com/twins-unhappy-orioles-chance-sisco-213555422.html

o

15 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

It probably had more to do with the fact that the Orioles were down 7-0. 

Then again, the Twins stole a base while up 6-0, so ......

o

Yes, and the Orioles even had the gall to load the bases and threaten Jose Berrios' chances for his first career complete-game shutout, also.

Horrible baseball etiquette. 

Sisco will certainly learn from this ........ not to give a rat's ass about what anybody on the other team says or thinks about him.

o

25 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Wow.  He must not be an overly intelligent person.  That is called "adaptation;" its a key to survival.

Archived