2018 Orioles Wins Poll

Frobby

2018 Orioles Wins Poll  

141 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Orioles win in 2018?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/18 at 18:00

1 hour ago, MarylandAaron said:

I went 87-89. I think this rotation will be the best O's rotation since 2014.

53 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

87-89

IMO, this season is reminiscent of 2 years ago.  I see us in contention for a wild card.  Although I do think the rotation going into this season is better than what we had in 2016.  

I'll have what you guys are having.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went with 81-83.    I expect some bounceback, but I don’t think either their offense or their bullpen will be as good as in 2016.    There’s a wide range of possible outcomes for this team.   

15 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

If everything falls exactly and unforeseeably right, if major injuries strike BOTH the Yankees' AND the Red Sox' pitching, if Machado wins the AL MVP award, and if Dylan Bundy is the runner-up for the AL Cy young award ......... 94 wins, and the AL East division.  

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Pessimist.

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Sometimes the blackness just engulfs me.  

o

I'm the same way, sometimes.

I had Loyola-Chicago ONLY making it to the Elite Eight in my bracket in the NCAA tournament ........ they have already made the Final Four, and they are not necessarily done yet.

https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/597874

It's strange how we often underestimate teams and/or players in sports.

o

I had them at 81-81 before the Cobb signing, then added five wins... so 86-76.

I realize this may be optimistic.  But there are a decent number of teams in the AL that I think the Orioles are better than.  I've got them 3rd in the AL East and right in the thick of the 2nd Wild Card hunt, but not that close to Boston or New York.

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

I'm the same way, sometimes.

I had Loyola-Chicago ONLY making it to the Elite Eight in my bracket in the NCAA tournament ........ they have already made the Final Four, and they are not necessarily done yet.

https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/597874

It's strange how we often underestimate teams and/or players in sports.

o

Somehow somebody inserted "ifs" in my prediction.  No "ifs"...these are predictions, baby!!      They be HAPPENING!   This year!   Right now!  

I went with 78-80 wins.  I think overall the team is better, but one injury to the starting rotation could put the team in a bad position.  That's even discounting if Tillman is a major league starter anymore.  I believe the offense will be feast or famine and score 10 runs multiple times in a short stretch, followed by being held to 2 runs or less multiple times.  I'm expecting an MVP year from Manny.  The Yankees and Red Sox are just too good for the O's to compete in the AL East. 

Key's are Davis having a bounce back to career average or better and Tillman doing the same. The OF defense will still be poor ,he offense even with out Davis and Trumbo should be good, the pen won't be as strong until Britton returns healthy.  SP will be surprisingly better. 87-89.

Archived