vs. RED SOX, 4/13

OFFNY

4 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

You do understand Angelos runs things. 

It is a great job being Orioles GM then.....make millions and have absolutely no responsibility and bear no blame at all...I wish I had that kind of job. 

I think it is an oversimplification.  The fact is nobody on this board knows exactly what Peter Angelos does or doesn’t do in regard to this team, because he ain’t talking.  It is all just speculation.   I think Dan has about as much discretion and power as any number of  GMs do. 

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Doghouse for missing the cutoff man the other night?

Fear of putting him in the spacious RF at Fenway or having to play the Monster in LF?

Obsessive devotion to Chris Davis?

I’m guessing doghouse.  You could play Santander in left field, leave Gentry in right and Mancini slides over to 1B.

Just now, tntoriole said:

It is a great job being Orioles GM then.....make millions and have absolutely no responsibility and bear no blame at all...I wish I had that kind of job. 

I think it is an oversimplification.  The fact is nobody on this board knows exactly what Peter Angelos does or doesn’t do in regard to this team, because he ain’t talking.  It is all just speculation.   I think Dan has about as much discretion and power as any number of  GMs do. 

Why do you think they had such a hard time getting anyone to take the job? 

22 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

And in every other major league organization you would be right. But that's not how the Orioles work. A quantum computing chip has a simpler organization then the Orioles chain of command.

Tillman was using the Orioles facility to train. They had a better look at him than anybody. Maybe it was Brady trying to show how smart he thinks he is by fixing Tillman? I mean, look what he's done for Wright.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

And in every other major league organization you would be right. But that's not how the Orioles work. A quantum computing chip has a simpler organization then the Orioles chain of command.

I realize that, but since we don’t really know which quantum makes this one decision or that one over there...I will blame the figurehead acting as if he is the guy in charge of baseball operations.  It is easier that way. 

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’m guessing doghouse.  You could play Santander in left field, leave Gentry in right and Mancini slides over to 1B.

Not doghouse.  No WAY Buck is putting a Rule 5 rookie in left in Fenway.

6 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Balls have rolled into corners in the OF and stopped and fielders have to chase them down as the runner circles the bases.

The interpretation of what being "lodged" in the ivy at Wrigley is pretty liberal as I recall.  It basically just doesn't have to come ricocheting off the bricks to be deemed a dead ball.

2 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Was MLB wrong too? They reviewed it.

They have been wrong before. 

I mean clearly the ball was resting behind the tarp. If that is not the rule then when else would it be accurate?  Is there a time limit. It does not say if the fielder picks it up right away it is a live ball. 

Just now, Chavez Ravine said:

The interpretation of what being "lodged" in the ivy at Wrigley is pretty liberal as I recall.  It basically just doesn't have to come ricocheting off the bricks to be deemed a dead ball.

Look I am trying to have some fun with this but I do genuinely think they are wrong. 

Archived