The 40-game mark

Uli2001

This is the point of the season where most MLB experts agree that the tale has been told about who are contenders and who are pretenders. I mean, if you are hovering around .500 there is hope. But if you are on pace to lose 113 games, time to be realistic.

2 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

This is the point of the season where most MLB experts agree that the tale has been told about who are contenders and who are pretenders. I mean, if you are hovering around .500 there is hope. But if you are on pace to lose 113 games, time to be realistic.

Manny is on pace for 52 homers, 144 RBI.

What is the team's goal now, to save Buck's job?  The playoffs are out of reach.  I am a big Buck fan, but I could see him making decisions to maximize wins this year over the future of the club.  Of course he would be sabotaging his own plan by continuing to play Davis and Tillman.

56 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Chris Davis is on pace for his usual 200 K's.  Along with 16 HR and 52 RBI.  More than 99% of those will be with his current team.

So, you think there’s a chance he’s with another team? ?

32 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

What is the team's goal now, to save Buck's job?  The playoffs are out of reach.  I am a big Buck fan, but I could see him making decisions to maximize wins this year over the future of the club.  Of course he would be sabotaging his own plan by continuing to play Davis and Tillman.

Oh, you’re not going to tell me that this team doesn’t have a bunch of four game streaks in them (ok, sure they have to start another streak tomorrow and lose only one game in between). 

Hold on, I have to get some more orange kool-aid....

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

A slump, a bad month, is likely.  

Of course.    I do think if Manny can maintain good plate discipline, this could be a career year.  

In 2016, Manny’s OPS was over 1.000 pretty consistently all the way through June 2.    For the rest of the year he was at .814.    His ISO remained high but his average and walk rate came down.    I think when Manny makes pitchers throw strikes and doesn’t get pull happy, he’s just a fantastic hitter.    

So, I haven’t done my usual monthly breakdown for April, because it was too depressing.   But at the quarter pole, here’s where we rank in the AL in some key categories:

Runs/game: last, at 3.90

BA: last, at .230

OBP: last, at .295

SLG: last, at .392

OPS: last, at .687

Runs allowed: 2nd worst, at 5.70

ERA: 3rd worst, at 5.18

Starters’ ERA: 2nd worst, at 5.65

Rdrs: Last, at -35

Rtot: Last, at -25

Fielding %: 2nd worst, at .979

Run differential: last, at -72

Enough said?

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

So, I haven’t done my usual monthly breakdown for April, because it was too depressing.   But at the quarter pole, here’s where we rank in the AL in some key categories:

Enough said?

TMI  :leaving:  I expect progression to the mean.....

1 hour ago, Frobby said: