Renato Nunez Claimed from Texas

Legend_Of_Joey

18 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

If you take out the middle section, his bat has been special. Jk.  Hits well as the DH.  He doesn't have too many believers though.  Seems a lot of posters want to trade him.  He's making the minimum and he's got a chance for 40 homers.  P

I’ve never really been a believer myself.    I was shocked to see he’s  OPS’d .984 over his last 50 games.    That’s a long time to be that hot.   And on the other hand, .263 OPS over 19 games is incredibly cold.   Put it this way: Chris Davis hasn’t had a 19- game streak as low as .263 OPS at any time over the last two seasons.    You’ve got to wonder what was going on there.   

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ve never really been a believer myself.    I was shocked to see he’s  OPS’d .984 over his last 50 games.    That’s a long time to be that hot.   And on the other hand, .263 OPS over 19 games is incredibly cold.   Put it this way: Chris Davis hasn’t had a 19- game streak as low as .263 OPS at any time over the last two seasons.    You’ve got to wonder what was going on there.   

This is the first time he's been a full-time player in his career. Hopefully it was a matter of the league adjusting to him, then him adjusting to that (and figuring it out). 

• Upvote 1

Nunez has been a remarkable clean-up hitter. Batting fourth in 225 plate appearances, his 2019 stats are: .268/.333/.590/.924 with 18 homers, 42 RBIs, 12 doubles, and 16 walks. Multiplied by 2.67 to reach 600 ABs, that projects to 48 home runs, 32 doubles, 42 BBs, and 112 RBIs!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Nunez has been a remarkable clean-up hitter. Batting fourth in 225 plate appearances, his 2019 stats are: .268/.333/.590/.924 with 18 homers, 42 RBIs, 12 doubles, and 16 walks. Multiplied by 2.67 to reach 600 ABs, that would come to 48 home runs, 32 doubles, 42 BBs, and 112 RBIs!

Do you think where a player is in the lineup changes their performance?

4 hours ago, 25 Nuggets said:

I would not have guessed a 40-HR season from Renato Nunez ........ but considering the current playing conditions, it's starting to look more likely.

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

In the middle of a 40-HR season, there was a thread to DFA him. Ha ha ha. 

o

o

• Haha 1