Renato Nunez Claimed from Texas

Legend_Of_Joey

8 hours ago, TheDeau52 said:

Finally brave enough to reveal my ignorance ........ what is SSS ????

6 hours ago, LA2 said:

Small sample size (usually in reference to a some severely simplified stat.)

o

Also occasionally known as, "Super ShortStop."

Image result for Belanger Ripken  oooooooooooooo Image result for Ripken shortstop

o

11 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He has an .811 OPS with 13/37 in the 97 games since we’ve acquired him. 317 PA. He’s gotta he in the lineup. 

Surprised there hasn't been more conversation about him. He's up there with the big boys in average exit velocity and hard hit % (Baseball Savant).

Obviously at present he provides no value in the field, but having a cheap mid-20's potentially legitimate DH should generate more excitement than it seems to have. I guess part of the excitement might be dampened because of the present and future logjam of 1b/DH between Davis, Mancini, Mountcastle, but I am looking forward to seeing his development this season. 

So what do we really have in this guy?     OK, guys who can’t field  can only be so valuable, especially on a team that has 3-4 guys like that.    But is his hitting legit?   Here’s a guy with a career MiL OPS of .788, .769 in AAA, .500ish in the majors in 72 PA before getting to Baltimore.    But for us, in a bit more than a half-season of games, he’s at .806, and better than that in the early going this year.    Is it sustainable?

• 4 weeks later...

Four straight games with a home run. One a pinch hitting appearance. Still can't play defense but he's hitting again. Fourth on the team in OPS+ (I know we're not talking the 27 Yankees) and third if you only count qualifiers. Still has a lot of work to do but he's rebounded nicely after slumping hard. 

1 hour ago, Darkhawk said:

4 straight games with a home run. One of them was a pinch-hitting appearance. He still can't play defense, but he's hitting again. He's 4th on the team in OPS+ (I know that we're not talking about the 1927 Yankees), and 3rd if you only count qualifiers. He still has a lot of work to do, but he's rebounded nicely after slumping hard. 

o

2 more, and he'll have tied Reggie Jackson and Chris Davis for the all-time franchise record (1901-Present.)

o