Renato Nunez Claimed from Texas

Legend_Of_Joey

4 hours ago, AceKing said:

And he has no trade value.  SMDH

I wouldn't expect much, but I believe somebody reported that there is some interest on the trade market.

Unfortunately I believe he's a product of his environment.  40 HR is relatively cheap these days.  He's going to end up about a 1.5 win player if he keeps pace.  That should be good enough to generate interest.

21 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

I wouldn't expect much, but I believe somebody reported that there is some interest on the trade market.

Unfortunately I believe he's a product of his environment.  40 HR is relatively cheap these days.  He's going to end up about a 1.5 win player if he keeps pace.  That should be good enough to generate interest.

If there's a chance to get a return similar to the Cashner return (or even a little less if we like a kid), you have to take it. He's cheap and hitting HRs. People want that. We happen to have a similar, cheaper, and probably better player in AAA waiting his turn, in addition to Mancini, Davis and whoever is set aside from our OF competition.

11 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Cashner was going to be gone after this year.  Nunez is about 25, making minimum, and has 5 years of service time left after this year.  I don't think he brings back much at this point. As of now, I would hold.  IF he continues the value will be higher in the off season.

You understand that this all makes him more valuable, not less valuable, right? 

If you hold Nunez, you're betting on him. That's fine if that's what they think. 

Just now, RZNJ said:

He's only valuable if team's buy into him being a legit .850 OPS guy with 35-40 homer power.  I don't believe anyone pays that price until he actually does it.

That's why I said this...

24 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

If there's a chance to get a return similar to the Cashner return (or even a little less if we like a kid), you have to take it. He's cheap and hitting HRs. People want that. We happen to have a similar, cheaper, and probably better player in AAA waiting his turn, in addition to Mancini, Davis and whoever is set aside from our OF competition.

41 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

My question is how much is a 35-40 HR guy worth in this current offensive environment?  Certainly less than it was even a few years ago.  He's had an OPS+ of 113-114 the last two years which is certainly nice but not that impressive.

Probably not much. Cron got DFA'd for cryin' out loud. 

Was just looking at Nunez's stats though and I think it's interesting his last full season in AAA (2017) his numbers are nearly identical to what he's done this year. 

o

RENATO RAFAENUNEZ

(MAY 20th Through JULY 22nd)

GM: lllllllllllllll 50

PA: lllllllllllllll  200

AB: llllllllllllllll 178

HR: llllllllllllllll 16

RBI: llllllllllllll 36

2B: lllllllllllllllll 13

BA: llllllllllllllll .281

OBP: lllllllllllllllll .360

SLG: llllllllllllllllll .624

OPS: lllllllllllllllllll .984

o

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

o

This was only Nunez' 2nd home run since July 26th.

(vs. RED SOX, 8/18)

NUMBER 27

RENATRAFAENUNEZ

RENATRAFAENUNEZ

RENATRAFAENUNEZ

RENATRAFAENUNEZ

RENATRAFAENUNEZ

RENATRAFAENUNEZ

RENATRAFAENUNEZ

o