Machado to the Dodgers, 5-1 deal

TonySoprano

2 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

That's all well and good, but unless he presents other options/offers that were on the table or provides his own take on what the O's should have done, he's just being contrarian.

Remember, he’s the lead analyst for MLB Pipeline, which only ranked Diaz 84th.    Other evaluators apparently like him better than Callis does.   

I like this trade. Diaz is at least Jones or Puig 2.0 but without the headcase that puig was, Pop looks like a total stud muffin this year, and could be a big BP peice in the future. Kramer ( I wish his first name was Cosmo) looks like a stud. Bannon could be our next 3Bman. OH, we just got a big shot in the arm for the rebuild. 

23 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I am really glad the Orioles got Diaz. However, I find it odd how the Manny deal was centered around a hittter instead of a pitcher. Does anyone else find that odd as well? Do the Orioles have more of a hitting problem right now instead of a pitching problem? 

Personally I don't think it's odd they got a hitter as the main piece.

Guys like Luke and Tony could give a much better opinion than I can, but I think our farm lacks high end hitting prospects after Mountcastle.

1 minute ago, TonySoprano said:

Callis said he was "underwhelmed" and added the Orioles likely would've gotten a better haul last Winter.

Is anyone denying that they'd have gotten a better haul if they traded him with a full-season left? They thought they were good enough to go for it. Obviously not the right call, but it had been made and there was no going back to last winter. If that's the best analysis he's got, it's just silly.

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

I am surprised we couldn’t do better than the Dodgers #27 or #28 prospect from the Dodgers.  Not devastated but disappointed.  DD must really love Diaz. 

You are looking at preseason rankings on two guys Kramer and Brannon who had only a small sample in professional ball.  Those two would have been much high if the ranking was done yesterday.  Brannon is a plus defende with big bat and some very high upside.  He is a big time get imo and thought for sure they would keep him as heir to Turner.