Manny could lead the Orioles in HRs.

Natty

Yes, Mark McGwire led the '97 A's in homers by 7 despite being traded at the deadline. He was second on the Cardinals that season with 7 more homers than their third best home run hitter.

He hit 3 homers between the break and the deadline, so it would't have made a difference.

38 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Yes, Mark McGwire led the '97 A's in homers by 7 despite being traded at the deadline. He was second on the Cardinals that season with 7 more homers than their third best home run hitter.

He hit 3 homers between the break and the deadline, so it would't have made a difference.

Thanks for the info. I remember McGuire had a lot of homers at the break.

53 minutes ago, Natty said:

Machado has 24 homers. Mancini and Trumbo both have 12. There's only 65 games left.

Has anyone ever lead their team in Home Runs after being traded during the All Star break? 

This is pretty telling.   Last year we had 4 guys with more than 24 homers.   In 2016 we had 5.  What the $&@%# happened?

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

This is pretty telling.   Last year we had 4 guys with more than 24 homers.   In 2016 we had 5.  What the $&@%# happened?

We had approximately 15 of our starting 9 players fail to meet their projections.   It is definitely weird / interesting that so many players have crashed and burned this year relative to their career numbers.   I hope we get answers someday.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

From the "I must be bored" research dept.  24 would be one of the lowest full season totals since 1961 (when seasons expanded to 162 games).

'00 Richard & Gibbons (tie) 15
'74 Grich 19
'68 Powell 21
'71 Powell 21
'90 Ripken 21
'65 Blefary 22
'73 Williams 22
'00 Belle 23
'07 Markakis 23
'92 Devereaux 24
'06 Tejada 24
'18 Machado 24???

o

This subject reminds me a little of when Willie McGee won the National League batting title in 1990, despite the fact that he spent the final 5 weeks of the regular season (plus the postseason) with the Oakland Athletics of the American League.

o

3 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

This subject reminds me a little of when Willie McGee won the National League batting title in 1990, despite the fact that he spent the final 5 weeks of the regular season (plus the postseason) with the Oakland Athletics of the American League.

o

Eddie Murray had the highest average of any batter in baseball that season and still didn’t win the batting title. 

Archived