Bruce Cunningham talks about the Orioles for 15 minutes

paulcoates

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love AJ, and he has every right to veto the deal, but the fact that he cares more about his charity then the chance to go play for a contender makes me wonder if that's a part of the team's problems.

6 minutes ago, esmd said:

I love AJ, and he has every right to veto the deal, but the fact that he cares more about his charity then the chance to go play for a contender makes me wonder if that's a part of the team's problems.

Please just stop. That’s such an insulting thing to say about AJ. 

Sorry but not sorry.  I get he cares about his charity.  And it's laudable that he does.  But this team has checked out mentally this year, and I think that's an example of it.  You can't tell me he doesn't have someone that can handle things for him locally while he provides input from Philadelphia.  I'm not saying it's the main reason, but rather a bunch of things like this that add up.

12 minutes ago, esmd said:

Seems to me AJ has his head on straight. AJ seems like a wonderful human being. For him caring more about his charity than going to play for a contender for the rest of the season tells me all I need to know about him. Putting others over oneself is pretty damn special in my book. 

12 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Seems to me AJ has his head on straight. AJ seems like a wonderful human being. For him caring more about his charity than going to play for a contender for the rest of the season tells me all I need to know about him. Putting others over oneself is pretty damn special in my book. 

He's a great guy, no doubt at all about that.  But sometimes, as an owner or GM, you want the guy who puts baseball first in situations such as this.

24 minutes ago, esmd said:

Sorry but not sorry.  I get he cares about his charity.  And it's laudable that he does.  But this team has checked out mentally this year, and I think that's an example of it.  You can't tell me he doesn't have someone that can handle things for him locally while he provides input from Philadelphia.  I'm not saying it's the main reason, but rather a bunch of things like this that add up.

I don’t think it’s anybody’s business to judge Adam Jones’ decision.    It’s personal to him and if he prefers to stay, that’s his right.    He’s been an absolute warrior for us and Team USA, and I would never, ever doubt his competitiveness.     I do think he may regret his decision now that DD has traded more key pieces away.    But maybe not.    It’s up to him.   

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think it’s anybody’s business to judge Adam Jones’ decision.    It’s personal to him and if he prefers to stay, that’s his right.    He’s been an absolute warrior for us and Team USA, and I would never, ever doubt his competitiveness.     I do think he may regret his decision now that DD has traded more key pieces away.    But maybe not.    It’s up to him.   

His profession exists for the sole purpose of allowing less talented individuals to talk about his performance and decisions.

I think it's fine for anyone to have an opinion on it.  And I've said before, he's earned that right.  I'm not trying to slam him for it.  I'm just saying that this team, for various reasons, has checked out mentally, resulting in the play that has led to a 30-70 whatever record.  I think it's fair to wonder if that's a contributing factor.

Archived