Buck and the rebuild

LookinUp

2 minutes ago, esmd said:

Oh I could absolutely seeing Hyde being a redux of Porter.  But Showalter back as Manager?  Nah.

Awhile back I saw some reporter on mlb network speculate if the Cubs miss the playoffs, Maddon would be out. 

I wonder if Elias would pull a Theo Epstein and bring him in

5 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Awhile back I saw some reporter on mlb network speculate if the Cubs miss the playoffs, Maddon would be out. 

I wonder if Elias would pull a Theo Epstein and bring him in

I don’t think Mike is going to recycle anybody.  His entire planned so far has been out with the old in with the new, so I don’t think he would bring Madden on board. 

If there any clones of Kevin Cash available, that’s where I would suggest looking

1 hour ago, atomic said:

It would have been a good point to fire him.  He might have even gotten another major league job at that point. 

I am not for firing everyone.  That is Elias you are thinking of.  I think he is salivating at the mouth waiting for the Bowie playoffs to end so he can fire more people.

I would have kept two of the coaches from last year.  Good guys who were praised by the players for helping them improve.   I saw no reason to fire Dickerson and Kirby.  Can you imagine if at your job if they hired a new CEO and everyone got fired?  Or a new manager and everyone under them got fired.  Seems pretty over-the-top.

1.   I’ll be surprised if anyone on the Bowie staff is fired after the year they just had.   

2.   It’s completely routine when a manager is fired/not rehired to let the staff go.    Simply put, the new manager should be able to hire his own people.    It’s not a matter of whether Dickerson or Kirby were good coaches or not.   And I seem to recall that Hyde interviewed 1-2 of the incumbent coaches.   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, atomic said:

I would have kept two of the coaches from last year.  Good guys who were praised by the players for helping them improve.   I saw no reason to fire Dickerson and Kirby.  Can you imagine if at your job if they hired a new CEO and everyone got fired?  Or a new manager and everyone under them got fired.  Seems pretty over-the-top.

Unlike most private businesses, there is little risk of a MLB baseball franchise going broke, so executives can be much more aggressive with staff turnover. Because it is a safe business, it makes sense in a complete organizational restructuring and culture change to get rid anyone who would be likely to cling to the old culture. Anyone who worked hand in hand with a top level manager, who was let go, for the past 8 years could be seen as people that could delay the desired culture change and potentially divide the old and new.

Therefore, there was every reason to let Dickerson and Kirby go.