50 games left - call the record

Uli2001

39 minutes ago, foxfield said:

In my soul, I can't get behind trying to lose. I can grasp the consolation prize of drafting first...but think this team has underperformed for awhile. While a good chunk of talent is gone, I don't see why cant get close to 25-25 the rest of the way.

Do I think so?  NO.  Ill say we end up between 50 and 55 wins. That's 107 to 112 loses. I think that number is beatable because it's hard to be this bad ........ LOL. 

Drafting in the top couple spots for a few years no matter what. I'm not sweating the number. If we have a good plan and a good system it's gonna work out fine.

o

Image result for orange and black

o

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Update with 40 games left.

If the Orioles keep their current .295 winning percentage, they will win 13 out of the last 40 games and finish 49-113 (for the worst all-time Orioles record).

In order to avoid matching or surpassing the Orioles all-time worst record of 107 losses, they have to go at least 20-20 or better, that is, they have to go .500 or better

In order to avoid the first 100-loss season since 1988, the Orioles need to go at least 27-13 for a .675 winning percentage.

Just now, Enjoy Terror said:

This is the difference between playing the lotto or just lighting money on fire. It’s alright to have fun speculating.

The difference between one and two is the difference between lighting money on fire or torching lottery tickets. 

8 hours ago, El Gordo said:

They are going to be either first or second in the draft. What difference does it make?

It only makes a difference if the first team wants the same guy the second team wants, and they’re right about who they want.    

Archived