Steve Wilkerson!

mcneck

I think I like Beckham more than most others here -- not saying much -- but I've thought he should be and would be non-tendered if the Orioles discovered any SS options. Villar is close enough. 

Beckham will be too expensive for a backup IF, and I much prefer a backup who is an adept fielder at a few positions. That's not Tim.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

So he failed an off-season drug test. Not sure, why a player needs uppers doing the off-season.

I like his play on the field.

But, he is also one test away from an 80 game suspension.

Some people take them recreationally. 

I'm not going to hold one failed drug test against any player. That's a huge change for me. I held very aggressive, very negative opinions about players who failed tests in the past, but I have chilled out a lot. PED's are too prevalent to get all holier-than-thou, in my opinion. I want MLB to test for everything they can and I would love for the game to be "clean", but it is what it is. In some cases, there's even a lot of weird biases in terms of what is considered PED and what is not. It's a mess. I want the players to be "clean", as best as that can be defined, but I am not going to hold one failed test against a player. 

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

2 things stuck out to me:

"Injury history" being first. I don't remember him missing time before this season, aside from 1 injury. 

Second was "throwback ballplayer." In Frederick, he wore the old school knee length pants with the old school stirrups. Earned the nickname "Stevie Highsocks" from my wife. He switch to the full length once in Bowie. That was a sad day...

On 9/24/2018 at 11:15 AM, Redskins Rick said:

So he failed an off-season drug test. Not sure, why a player needs uppers doing the off-season.

I like his play on the field.

But, he is also one test away from an 80 game suspension.

Yeah, but you don't have to pay them then. And Chris Davis failed two  tests (at least). What is his clock for the next time if he tries to get back to being an MLB player?

On 9/24/2018 at 3:27 PM, Ohfan67 said:

I'm not going to hold one failed drug test against any player. That's a huge change for me. I held very aggressive, very negative opinions about players who failed tests in the past, but I have chilled out a lot. PED's are too prevalent to get all holier-than-thou, in my opinion. I want MLB to test for everything they can and I would love for the game to be "clean", but it is what it is. In some cases, there's even a lot of weird biases in terms of what is considered PED and what is not. It's a mess. I want the players to be "clean", as best as that can be defined, but I am not going to hold one failed test against a player. 

MLB is not permitted to test in a way that would catch anyone with any sense. 

Archived