Ex-Orioles in the postseason

Moose Milligan

26 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So Manny is a better person than Thome.

21 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Maybe he is. Unless you know these guys personally, who’s to say who’s the better person?

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I didn't say otherwise.  I just said that Pearce (implied given the context) thinks Manny is a better person than Thome.

First of all, I’d never take a statement like Pearce’s too literally.    Second, I believe the overlap between Thome and Pearce in Baltimore was approximately one month.   Undoubtedly Pearce knows Manny much better than Thome.   

18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I didn't say otherwise.  I just said that Pearce (implied given the context) thinks Manny is a better person than Thome.

He actually said he is the best person he knows in the game.  So not just better than Thome.  Better than EVERYONE in the game.

Of course with Thome out of the game it is possible he still qualifies as better even to Steve.

9 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hyperbole is a thing people do. Hearing one off-the-cuff statement and concluding that Pearce has some concrete "Best Person In Baseball" ranking in his head is ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, theocean said:

Hyperbole is a thing people do. Hearing one off-the-cuff statement and concluding that Pearce has some concrete "Best Person In Baseball" ranking in his head is ridiculous.

And you think I believe that he does?

Or was I just pointing out how ridiculous Pearce's statement was?

I was trying to think of the last time the Orioles had a real "bad boy" player, a la professional wrestling. Then I remembered the Alomar spitting incident. Oy. That's a bad memory. Very ugly memory. I instantly regretted remembering it. Then I thought I will post this on OH and send others down a dark memory lane. ?

6 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I was trying to think of the last time the Orioles had a real "bad boy" player, a la professional wrestling. Then I remembered the Alomar spitting incident. Oy. That's a bad memory. Very ugly memory. I instantly regretted remembering it. Then I thought I will post this on OH and send others down a dark memory lane. ?

Alomar overall was not a dirty player, this was a very sad and terrible memory in Oriole history.

As ugly as that situation was, it had a happy ending: The two later patched up their differences and actually became friends.

Alomar finished his 17-season major-league career in 2004 with 2,724 hits, a .300 career batting average, 474 stolen bases and 10 Gold Gloves. He was elected to the Hall of Fame in his second year of eligibility — after Hirschbeck publicly declared his support for Alomar’s candidacy — in 2011.

https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/roberto-alomar-spits-john-hirshbeck-umpire-suspension-baltimore-orioles-hall-of-famer-092715

9 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Delmon Young and K-Rod are not very nice people.

• Upvote 1