House released! (Headed To Boston?)

Frobby

By what measure?

By what he'd be projected to do in the big leagues.

I dunno, I ride the fence. Drungo knows a ton and puts a lot of stock into projecting what he could do and I enjoy his analysis...

I see where you're coming from, too, thought.

Drungo's best point is that they focus on what he can't do instead of what he can do. That's so huge right there...

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno, I ride the fence. Drungo knows a ton and puts a lot of stock into projecting what he could do and I enjoy his analysis...

Drungo's best point is that they focus on what he can't do instead of what he can do. That's so huge right there...

Well if it's true and his defense is absolutely terrible then I agree he has no spot on the MLB roster. Unless we think his numbers are good enough to warrant starting at DH.

Being a supervisor in a retail store, what I always tell my guys to do is hide their weaknesses with their strengths. My section has gone from 604 in the company to 282 in the month that I have been back there. IE, if an employee knows nothing about product, but understands how to sell service plans, I have that employee link up with another employee who can sell the TV, but sucks at getting attchments.

The Orioles take te opposite way to being a weakness based orginization, where they nitpick at your weaknesses to the point that they ignore your strengths. That is what I think has happened to the Terrero's, Knott's, and House's of the Orioles world. If the O's ran a Best Buy, they would throw the guy wh knows nothing about product onto the highest priced wall, and then ignore the fact that he sells attachments bcause he can't sell enough TVs.

I'm not trying to start a fight, but don't you need more than mere numbers to come to a conclusion like that? He's a very good hitter in your eyes, but unless you've seen him play on a consistent basis, it's hard to make that determination. At least in my opinion.

http://www.minorleaguesplits.com/cgi-bin/pl.cgi?pl=407399&tm=NorIL&bp=b

That's all I need to know. Check out his away stats. Norfolk actually hurts hitters but would probably be the equivalent of him in the majors. The guy can rake. J.R. House deserved a spot on the Orioles roster more than Captain Popup did. The fact that Fahey is on the roster and guys like Knott and House are not is completely mindboggling. The team could bring up Perlozzo's kid and he'd likely play as well as Fahey, maybe even better.

Well if it's true and his defense is absolutely terrible then I agree he has no spot on the MLB roster. Unless we think his numbers are good enough to warrant starting at DH.

He's better than Captain Popup, that's for sure.

I thought all you guys loved the McPhail hiring:D

I thought you loved everything we did in the offseason and thought this team was ready to contend and blasted those who felt otherwise?:D

Nah, look at HoodGuy's post. Prime example.

The O's used to operate that way as well.

House appears to be a good enough athlete to adapt to other positions. 1B? DH? Emergency catcher? Who knows.

Hey, can't be worse than Bako.

I'm officially done with this subject though...it's pretty tiresome..

I thought you loved everything we did in the offseason and thought this team was ready to contend and blasted those who felt otherwise?:D

I did.....Who would have thought guys we already had here like Ray and Gibbons would suck so bad.

I did.....Who would have thought guys we already had here like Ray and Gibbons would suck so bad.

Who would have thought guys they brought in like Baez and Payton would suck so bad? And it's not like we're Gibbons and Ray playing better away from contention.

Anyway, sorry for taking this off topic.

I'm not trying to start a fight, but don't you need more than mere numbers to come to a conclusion like that? He's a very good hitter in your eyes, but unless you've seen him play on a consistent basis, it's hard to make that determination. At least in my opinion.

The way I see it, the only reason to keep Bako over House is because of Bako's defensive skills. Saddly, as we've seen, Bako's defensive skills are pretty lacking, which begs the question ... why have they stuck with Bako?? :confused: I don't know what House will do at the major league level but I'm pretty sure it's better than a .549 OPS that drops down to .402 with RISP.

What makes matters worse is when Hernandez went down and it looked like House may finally get a chance, they instead stick with Bako and recall a 37 year old career minor leaguer with a sub .700 OPS. We're now into July, our offense is near the bottom of the AL, we're consistently throwing out at least 4 players with OPS' at or around .600 and our best offensive option is ... still sitting in Norfolk?? I don't know how House would have done, but I know he deserved a chance over Bako and Castillo.

MacPhail has only made two moves and I'm already highly unimpressed. :mad:

http://www.minorleaguesplits.com/cgi-bin/pl.cgi?pl=407399&tm=NorIL&bp=b

That's all I need to know. Check out his away stats. Norfolk actually hurts hitters but would probably be the equivalent of him in the majors. The guy can rake. J.R. House deserved a spot on the Orioles roster more than Captain Popup did. The fact that Fahey is on the roster and guys like Knott and House are not is completely mindboggling. The team could bring up Perlozzo's kid and he'd likely play as well as Fahey, maybe even better.

Fahey is up because he can play SS. Neither Knott or House can do that.

You can say he deserves a roster spot more than Gibbons but realistically Gibbons is not going to be released this early with his contract. Not by a well run franchise and not by a poorly run franchise.

Unless House was a competent receiver Knott was/is a much better fit to be on the roster and unless the Orioles make some trades there wasn't/isn't room for both.

Minor league numbers predict major league performance equally as well as past major league numbers. J.R. House was the Baltimore Orioles 5th, 6th, 7th-best hitter. Somewhere in that range. I have absolutely no reservations making that statement.

Archived