International Signing Alexander Ayala

jrobb21613

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

That’s correct.    But it’s a fallacy to say that a player who has never played in the majors is better than someone who played and had a negative WAR.

It may be a fallacy - but it's an awesome way to look at it. It allows us to say that you and I and probably everyone else on this board have contributed more to the Baltimore Orioles franchise than Luis Ayala! I'm putting "Better than Luis Ayala" on my business cards today.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CanadianOriole said:

It may be a fallacy - but it's an awesome way to look at it. It allows us to say that you and I and probably everyone else on this board have contributed more to the Baltimore Orioles franchise than Luis Ayala! I'm putting "Better than Luis Ayala" on my business cards today.

Yet another reason they should bring signatures back.

4 hours ago, joelala said:

Me too.  Has he been available since the beginning of the signing period and was low on the rankings list but was demanding more money than most teams were willing to give him since he has more options (finish HS, go to college and play, etc..)  Or did we reach out to him and start a discourse with the knowledge that he had duel citizenship?

Either way, I'm excited by the seeming outside-the-box nature of the signing. 

Yup.  Although odds are this is the first and last time we'll hear of him.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yup.  Although odds are this is the first and last time we'll hear of him.

Not on this forum.. If he is a bust then a couple of the "Snarky" posters will bring it to the fore Over and Over and Over and Over again and again and again.  If he does well then the natural progression of the signing will be noted.  So I do not think that this is the last we hear of Alexander Ayala.

1 hour ago, thezeroes said:

Not on this forum.. If he is a bust then a couple of the "Snarky" posters will bring it to the fore Over and Over and Over and Over again and again and again.  If he does well then the natural progression of the signing will be noted.  So I do not think that this is the last we hear of Alexander Ayala.

As one of the snarky posters on here, I probably won't mention him again unless he cracks at top 30 list at some point.

1 hour ago, thezeroes said:

Which snarky poster has an agenda that is forwarded by Ayala not doing well?

Now Zoellner you will hear about for years to come.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Which snarky poster has an agenda that is forwarded by Ayala not doing well?

Those that have and will continue to have a very dim view of anything Orioles.  This could go nuclear for one.  I won't hear about it because of the wonderful "IGNORE" option on this sight.

1 minute ago, thezeroes said:

Those that have and will continue to have a very dim view of anything Orioles.  This could go nuclear for one.  I won't hear about it because of the wonderful "IGNORE" option on this sight.

Gotcha, I was thinking more the snide definition than the sharply critical.

My boss' son plays in baseball tournaments all over the country and recently caught Ayala in a game in Florida.

Pretty sure that means this guy is a lock to make it to the HOF......just thought you guys might like to know a few years in advance.   :)

4 minutes ago, Aglets said:

My boss' son plays in baseball tournaments all over the country and recently caught Ayala in a game in Florida.

Pretty sure that means this guy is a lock to make it to the HOF......just thought you guys might like to know a few years in advance.   :)

Scouting report? 

Archived