Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

32 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Might need to fire Buck first to make that happen and I would be good with that.  I'm sure there are people in the organization who want to bench Davis or at least reduce his role to part time.

I strongly suspect that the majority of the people in the organization realize there's a serious problem and it can't be allowed to go on forever.  I'm sure how to best handle the situation is an ongoing discussion.  Ultimately you simply can't keep sending CD out there every day if he isn't going to be able to improve from his current level - for his sake, forget about the team and the fans for a second.  My guess is that a big change is going to happen soon at least in regard to his playing time.  Any ultimate resolution will probably take considerably longer, but the current impact is simply too large and too widespread to ignore or pretend otherwise.

6 minutes ago, 24fps said:

I strongly suspect that the majority of the people in the organization realize there's a serious problem and it can't be allowed to go on forever.  I'm sure how to best handle the situation is an ongoing discussion.  Ultimately you simply can't keep sending CD out there every day if he isn't going to be able to improve from his current level - for his sake, forget about the team and the fans for a second.  My guess is that a big change is going to happen soon at least in regard to his playing time.  Any ultimate resolution will probably take considerably longer, but the current impact is simply too large and too widespread to ignore or pretend otherwise.

For this year, they could simply reverse the roles of Alvarez and Davis. But certainly going forward it will need to be addressed. Possibly by new management. 

I know if I am interviewing candidates for the open management and general management positions.

"What will you do about the Chris Davis situation?"

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I see Buck talked about Davis tonight.I can't post right now but Ed Encina Twitter has the quotes. 

I am guessing this is a one night occurrence as he has really bad numbers against Happ.

15 minutes ago, weams said:

For this year, they could simply reverse the roles of Alvarez and Davis. But certainly going forward it will need to be addressed. Possibly by new management. 

I know if I am interviewing candidates for the open management and general management positions.

I always imagined interviews in the Warehouse went something like Sylvia Plath's experience

First, are you our sort of a person?
Do you wear
A glass eye, false teeth or a crutch,
A brace or a hook,
Rubber breasts or a rubber crotch,

Stitches to show something's missing? No, no? Then
How can we give you a thing?
Stop crying.
Open your hand.
Empty? Empty. Here is a hand

14 minutes ago, weams said:

I think it has to be addressed this season and not by Buck who I suspect isn't completely objective at this stage.  You shouldn't leave CD out there twisting in the wind, you shouldn't let the situation demoralize the rest of the team, you shouldn't drive off any more of the fan base and you have to think about the business consequences as well.  On the latter, the sooner you come up with a strategy the better, because as you correctly point out a lot of new personnel will be needed in a few months and anybody worth having will want to see a great deal of progress already put in motion by genuine grownups.