Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

4 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Two man bench today?

Three because there was no DH.

But if we don't make an adjustment before tomorrow, it would be a 2 man bench.

A pitcher will go down before tomorrow's game and a hitter will come up.   No way we can start a game with a 2 man bench where 1 is the backup C.

The question is... who comes up?

57 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:Ten day IL means at least 10 days.  He could be on it much longer.

But do you actually think he is injured?  What would be point of putting him on longer than 10 days?  I think plan is to put him on long rehab assignment like they did with TIlman last year.  I am not sure what they do when Davis is hitting .150 against minor league pitching.

1 minute ago, atomic said:

But do you actually think he is injured?  What would be point of putting him on longer than 10 days?  I think plan is to put him on long rehab assignment like they did with TIlman last year.  I am not sure what they do when Davis is hitting .150 against minor league pitching.

I do think he's hurt.

Wasn't his hip bothering him before?

Seems like the type of thing that would flare back up and maybe lead to major issues later in life.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Three because there was no DH.

But if we don't make an adjustment before tomorrow, it would be a 2 man bench.

A pitcher will go down before tomorrow's game and a hitter will come up.   No way we can start a game with a 2 man bench where 1 is the backup C.

The question is... who comes up?

I vote for Batman.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I do think he's hurt.

Wasn't his hip bothering him before?

Seems like the type of thing that would flare back up and maybe lead to major issues later in life.

Or, lead to the issue of him being horrible at hitting a baseball.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Could explain the loss of foot speed.

Don't think it would cause him to be looking at third base while the ball is crossing the plate.

The hip has kept him distracted with the pain-for two years!

On Twitter earlier today, Roch quoted Davis as saying that the hip already feels a lot better, he doesn't expect to need to be on the IL longer than the 10 game minimum, and he doesn't expect to need a minor league rehab assignment.

He mentions that the hip had been bothering him for a week to ten days before he went on the IL (don't know if that is meant to explain his slump or just mentioning it).

Just now, TheThinkingOriole said:

I hope he can come back quickly. He's going to be our All Star, right? Remember the douches who were asserting that?

Like me?

I suggested that the internet might get behind the idea of it being funny to send Davis to the all-star game.

Similar things have happened in the past.