Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CD 2.0 Tuesday

0 for 3, 3 strikeouts

(0 for 6 with 6 strikeouts and a HBP this series)

CD 2.0 so far

5 games

2 for 18 (.111)

2 walks (1 intentional), 9 strikeouts, 1 sac fly, 1 hit by pitch

Onbase %:  .227

Slugging %:  .333

OPS:  .560  (STILL higher than 2018 CD version 1.0, believe it or not)

He has now struck out in 26 consecutive games, 11 short of Aaron Judge's major league record.   May 12 was the last time he played a game and didn't strike out.

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I don't fault Brady, not even Charley Lau could fix Davis at this point.  

All the effort.   Bringing up guys from Frederick to throw to him.   Brady throwing to him.   Coolbaugh coming in on his day off.   Maybe Davis should skip batting practice.   And spend his time on something more useful like Sudoku or reading his horoscope.

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

All the effort.   Bringing up guys from Frederick to throw to him.   Brady throwing to him.   Coolbaugh coming in on his day off.   Maybe Davis should skip batting practice.   And spend his time on something more useful like Sudoku or reading his horoscope.

Meditation--Be the bat

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

Davis should follow Yogi Berra's advice.  How can you think and hit at the same time?

27 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

Normally, people who are that awful at their jobs relative to everyone else are not put on public display by their employer....at least, not for this long.  It just boggles my mind how bad he is. 

He has twin babies his mind is probably elsewhere. 

11 hours ago, atomic said:

I still can't get over how Davis was praising himself for going 1 for 4 the other game. 

1 for 4, was that the night, 1 for 4, was a HR, and a crucial SF that scored a run late in the game?

Considering, how bad, he was (wasn't) hitting, I will take that every game.

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

1 for 4, was that the night, 1 for 4, was a HR, and a crucial SF that scored a run late in the game?

Considering, how bad, he was (wasn't) hitting, I will take that every game.

The second game where he had a double and 2 strike outs.  He hasn't had 2 hits in a game since May 11th.  Compare that to Adam Jones who has had 9 multi hit games in June alone. 

Archived