MASN complaints/venting

AceKing

A few things bothered me about yesterday’s opening spring broadcast:

I got frustrated with MASN showing last year’s stats or every pitcher.  They should just leave that out.  It is almost irrelevant for many reasons.

When they were interviewing Mike Elias, it was rather insightful hearing ME speak....but when they asked him his draft formula, and Elias was REALLY getting into the weeds with his draft strategy, they cut him off for some random play, and they didn’t let him finish his thought, and then moved on to a different silly question.   I would love to have heard his thoughts and plans for 1:1 which is where he was going.

They need to cut the ties from last year with their stats and just let these guys move on with a clean slate.

You could have had a drinking game centered around how many times Jim Hunter excitedly informed us how much the players have raved about camp and Hyde and Elias and everything else Oriole.  It's going to be exciting!!!!  Everything is awesome!

4 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with showing last year’s stats during the first ST game...

I have no problem with it.    If you don’t think they’re relevant, ignore them.    To me, they’re a benchmark against which to measure improvement.    They’ll probably still be showing them on Opening Day.

14 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

As if showing last years stats on the broadcast is not something that every baseball broadcast in the history of baseball broadcasts has done.

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I have no problem with it.    If you don’t think they’re relevant, ignore them.    To me, they’re a benchmark against which to measure improvement.    They’ll probably still be showing them on Opening Day.

Also, not every viewer is an obsessive OH poster who knows how all the players performed last season. 

Archived