Dwight Smith Jr worth a look?

jamalshw

5 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Which makes this season easier to watch than last season, regardless of the actual w-l record

I’ll be honest, because of lower expectations going in, it’s better than last year but still quite awful to watch.    I hate losing and while there are some pleasant surprises on this team, there’s nobody who puts a spring in my step, e.g. the way Bedard would when he was in his two big years for us or Markakis when he was a young phenom.   Nobody who I stop whatever else I’m doing when they’re at bat or on the mound.   Nobody who I look at and say, “he could be a key piece of our next winning team.”    I still enjoy watching when they win, but overall it’s pretty painful.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’ll be honest, because of lower expectations going in, it’s better than last year but still quite awful to watch.    I hate losing and while there are some pleasant surprises on this team, there’s nobody who puts a spring in my step, e.g. the way Bedard would when he was in his two big years for us or Markakis when he was a young phenom.   Nobody who I stop whatever else I’m doing when they’re at bat or on the mound.   Nobody who I look at and say, “he could be a key piece of our next winning team.”    I still enjoy watching when they win, but overall it’s pretty painful.

Agree totally. It is highly Unlikely that anybody on this team this year or next will be part of our next good team. A few good players we have will be traded and the rest will end up being released.

7 hours ago, Natty said:

Smith Jr is tied for 7th in AL with 41 RBIs. On pace to hit over 100. 

That's cool, but let's not forget that the top of the O's lineup being not so bad (Mancini especially) has provided DSJR the opportunities.

30 minutes ago, Philip said:

Agree totally. It is highly Unlikely that anybody on this team this year or next will be part of our next good team. A few good players we have will be traded and the rest will end up being released.

Part of the team?    Maybe.   But not key players.  

Send Bundy to Driveline Baseball this offseason and see if he can recover 2 mph on his fastball, and then maybe you have a guy who could be a key piece.   

3 hours ago, Ruzious said:

Didn't I say the thing well is catch balls hit over his head?  Well, he nearly killed himself running into the wall, but he just made a helluva catch

I'm behind, watching the replay. Just saw him faceplant into the wall and then taken out. Broken nose?