O's Claim Catcher Pedro Severino

wildcard

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

What I am saying is I would like to keep Sucre on the roster now over the new player. Perhaps like others have said Severino will be let go of as well. 

That is not a slam dunk IMO.    Elias is building for the future Severino being 25 and having the skills of 31 year old Sucre may be enough to have Severino stay.   I agree that Sucre knows the league better but Elias has not made moves that are about win now.   Sending Hays down was certainly not about win now.

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

"The rules of the DL will remain the same. The list has gone through different incarnations since its institution in 1966 and today includes a 10-day version for short-term injuries and a 60-day version for more severe ailments."

My bad. The Injured List doesn't go back to 15 days until 2020.

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I hate this move on so many levels.

First, the catching situation:

- They claim someone with no options who is good at defense, but doesn't hit. Why?

- if Sisco goes to Norfolk, you now have 2 catchers with good defense and no offense.

- If you carry all 3, you screw your bench over.

- If Wynns is healthy, play him and Sisco. You need to see what you have.

- You make this move after telling Sucre not to opt out yesterday. Good job....

- Severino comes in with only a few days to go and to learn the pitchers. The same situation they threw Sucre into and gave him time in the Minor League camp, simulated games, bullpen sessions, ect to learn in 2 weeks. 

Now, for the DFA:

- What compromising pictures does Hanser Alberto have to stay on the team? Cut him already. Go with the younger guy you can work on.

This move is puzzling and leads to a lot of questions. 

Sucre and Sisco. I want Susco to have better Defense. Last year his D was bad but his offense was even worse. I think they see something troubling in Sisco( either offense or defense) so they want a good defender until Wynns is ready to join Sucre.

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Sucre and Sisco. I want Susco to have better Defense. Last year his D was bad but his offense was even worse. I think they see something troubling in Sisco( either offense or defense) so they want a good defender until Wynns is ready to join Sucre.

Is Susco some odd amalgamation of Sucre and Sisco?

• Thanks 1