2019 Injury Thread

Enjoy Terror

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Roch has reported that Hays has started a hitting progression.   Not sure what that means in terms of a return date.   7-10 days?

I think longer. If he JUST started hitting, it will take about a week or two for him to take live batting practice, then they will have him stay in Extended Spring Training for about 2 weeks to knock rust off.

Hitting progression: Swinging bat at air, tee drills, soft toss, pitching machine, live BP. Of course, they gotta build him up again at each spot and reps.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I think longer. If he JUST started hitting, it will take about a week or two for him to take live batting practice, then they will have him stay in Extended Spring Training for about 2 weeks to knock rust off.

Hitting progression: Swinging bat at air, tee drills, soft toss, pitching machine, live BP. Of course, they gotta build him up again at each spot and reps.

Yeesh.    Good information, but bad news.   

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Any idea what the injury is?  Is it possibly something he has been playing with?

The info that I get from the PR department in the form of a release does not specify. Tonight's game notes do not say anything either.  I too wondered if it is something he has been trying to play through.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, cboemmeljr said:

The info that I get from the PR department in the form of a release does not specify. Tonight's game notes do not say anything either.  I too wondered if it is something he has been trying to play through.

They aren't releasing info this season, which is a bit frustrating.

• Like 1

From Joe Trezza of mlb.com:

Down on the farm
After exiting early from Double-A Bowie's 6-2 loss to Arkansas on Thursday, Yusniel Diaz was placed on the seven-day Minor League injured list, the Baysox announced. Bowie did not disclose the nature of the injury, but a source told MLB.com that Diaz is suffering from a left hamstring strain. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2