Second guessing Hyde

HowAboutThat

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/9/2019 at 11:38 AM, Frobby said:

I think that’s pretty speculative.    

Hyde straight up said the reason they had to DFA Jackson was because they wanted to add an additional pitcher. They needed an additional pitcher because the bullpen was gassed. Araujo contributed to that. Not speculative at all.

14 minutes ago, AceKing said:

Evan Phillips?  In Fenway?  With runners on base? And a one run lead?  And for several batters until the lead has ballooned?  

What was that?

Learning experience.   24 year old Phillips with a 94-95 fastball with movement and a good slider put in a spot that means something.   He threw the ball well.   

Good night for the young O's.   25 year old Hess pitched well.  26 year Fry looks good.   26 year old Smith pops a two run homer.  25 year old Nunez  hit a two run homer.   Its early in the season.   This experience should pay off later in the season.     It about more than one game.

23 year old Diaz triples for Bowie.  844 OPS.   24 year old Akin goes 6 and give up 2 runs at AAA.   25 year old Stewart hit atwo run homer at AAA. Now has a 1.077 OPS.

I've been griping all season that we never try a sac bunt with runners on first and second no outs. Several opportunities so far and we never try this. Last night Boston comes up with runners on first and second no outs. They do it. Duh.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Hadn’t seen that. That’s a terrible call. Just glad nobody was hurt. 

That's what I was thinking. Pedroia-redux. So this type of call is not reviewable?

17 minutes ago, LA2 said:

That's what I was thinking. Pedroia-redux. So this type of call is not reviewable?

NY reviewed it and let the (no) call stand.  That is why Hyde erupted.

Hyde didn’t reveal where he watched the rest of the game after his ejection. He mentioned only the reasons why he argued Rafael Devers’ slide into second base and how he wasn’t trying to get tossed just to fire up his club.

He had a much better reason. And he won’t be afraid to run out there again, even knowing, as he did yesterday, that resuming an argument after a challenge is grounds for dismissal from the game.

“For me, I just felt like it was wrong,” Hyde said. “For me, they made a wrong decision and I’m not just going to allow our team to just ... I just felt like the whole thing was wrong. I felt like it was handled (wrong), I just didn’t agree with the decision in New York at all and if I disagree with something, I’ll stand up for what I believe in. I don’t believe that call was right.

“I’m going to get thrown out at times. I’m going to pick my spots, and I think when I disagree with something, then I’m going to let people know. But circumstances change and in that type of situation I go out there, I know I’m getting thrown out. But I really believe that the wrong call was made.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/04/straily-were-just-one-day-at-a-time.html

I may have missed this, but why did Hyde bring up Ynoa? He’s the same one-way player, he’s not good and hasn’t been good this season.

I appreciate that he’s considered the best choice, but I don’t understand why, and haven’t seen any reasons put forward. I may have missed them.

Archived