Sedlock off to a good start

orioles22

I saw the first 4 innings of this game at the Diamond. Sedlock didnt have great command, but he was getting hitters out.  Sat around 91 on the Diamond gun.  Zimmerman looked very good in the first game, and i was lucky enough to meet him after the end of the first game ...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Is there someone better that needs to be on our 40-man next season?

In my opinion, Sedlock is on the bubble but I think he likely gets added. There are no players on the current 40-man roster (other than Trumbo who is on the 60-day IL, and thus not currently on the 40-man roster) that definitely are going to come off after this season.

If Villar doesn't get traded, he will likely get non-tendered. But for every other player that needs to be added (6 by my estimation), someone will need to be removed.

5 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

In my opinion, Sedlock is on the bubble but I think he likely gets added. There are no players on the current 40-man roster (other than Trumbo who is on the 60-day IL, and thus not currently on the 40-man roster) that definitely are going to come off after this season.

If Villar doesn't get traded, he will likely get non-tendered. So for every player that needs to be added (6 by my estimation), someone will need to be removed.

I would rather have Sedlock on the 40-man than at least all of these guys:

Armstrong 
Bleier
Brooks
Eshelman
Ortiz
Phillips
Rogers
Taylor Scott
Shepherd
Yacabonis
Ynoa

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I would rather have Sedlock on the 40-man than at least all of these guys:

Armstrong 
Bleier
Brooks
Eshelman
Ortiz
Phillips
Rogers
Taylor Scott
Shepherd
Yacabonis
Ynoa

Ortiz is the only questionable one for me. He hasn't moved to relief yet, is younger than Sedlock, and would have a good two pitch combo in relief. 

Jacob Heyward breaks up the combined no-hitter with two outs in the 7th with a double off Cristian Alvarado (who is himself making a case to be added to the 40-man roster this offseason). Alvarado struck out Zach Houchins for his second strikeout in 2 innings to close out the one-hitter.

28 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Ortiz is the only questionable one for me. He hasn't moved to relief yet, is younger than Sedlock, and would have a good two pitch combo in relief. 

I'd much rather have Sedlock. I guess it shouldn't matter, but he was our first-round pick, plus he has pitched well when healthy.

2 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

I'd much rather have Sedlock. I guess it shouldn't matter, but he was our first-round pick, plus he has pitched well when healthy.

Luis Ortiz was the Rangers first-round pick in 2014 and was in the top 100 for a couple years. I too would like to see what he could do in a bullpen role before casting him off.

What an encouraging start for Sedlock!  Looks like a AA pitching staff taking names and kicking ### - wow!  Not sure if any of them get to be a 3 or better, but it appears all of these starters - Zimmerman, Kremer, Bauman, Wells and Sedlock are going to pitch in the majors.  This is all very encouraging for our future - especially if one of these guys can become a cheap 3.

Just now, RZNJ said:

Sedlock missed weeks with a sore elbow and has had arm issues overall.  Did you guys really want him pushed tonight?

I don't, I saw what he looked like when he was pitching hurt and I don't want to see it again. 

35 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

What an encouraging start for Sedlock!  Looks like a AA pitching staff taking names and kicking ### - wow!  Not sure if any of them get to be a 3 or better, but it appears all of these starters - Zimmerman, Kremer, Bauman, Wells and Sedlock are going to pitch in the majors.  This is all very encouraging for our future - especially if one of these guys can become a cheap 3.

Im hoping we get at least three #3's out of them. 

Archived